Using GF recipes on other kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
How easy is it to adapt a GF recipe to use in a standard kettle and mash tun? Sorry, beginner question so it may be a daft one :?:

Should be straight forward. Post the recipe and i'm sure someone here will help...

Should be straight forward. Post the recipe and i'm sure someone here will help...
No specific recipe, more how to convert in general so presumably water volume in particular is what needs sorting. Would this be adjusting for a different boil loss and wastage?

If you use the brew calculators on things like Brewers Friend or Beersmith, that should calculate your volumes for you.

If you use the brew calculators on things like Brewers Friend or Beersmith, that should calculate your volumes for you.
They are subscription services though? At this point as I am just getting into brewing I cannot justify a subscription, Im quite happy to do it longhand though if necessary, I am waiting for a copy of How to Brew to arrive, if that goes into it in any detail.

They are subscription services though? At this point as I am just getting into brewing I cannot justify a subscription, Im quite happy to do it longhand though if necessary, I am waiting for a copy of How to Brew to arrive, if that goes into it in any detail.
What system or method are you using to brew with

They are subscription services though?

Try Brewmate or Brewtarget they are both free. Also pretty sure Brewers Friend you can use free but there's a save limit or something. Someone on here will know, I don't use it.

What system or method are you using to brew with
Well I will be using a Karstein Fullhorn to mash and boil, I can use it as a BIAB system or without the bag, at least that is the plan for now to see how it goes, I am going to do a couple of extract brews and then dive into AG and have been researching the recipes. The GF "Community Tools" has a great recipe resource and if you know it you will know that you can bring a recipe in and edit it for batch size etc. I was assuming there would be a way I can adapt it so that I can apply it to my system.

Back