Using keg posts instead of s30

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon1964

Regular.
Reaction score
I have read a post somewhere about swapping out S30 valves on pressure barrels for Corney keg gas posts somewhere and can't for the life of me find it.
I am looking at adding a gas post onto a 4 inch barrel cap to utilise my sodastream Corney set up. I think for safety I will leave the s30 on there to act as a pressure relieve.
The thread I read gave sizes of washers needed to make an airtight seal.
After those washer sizes???
Cheers Jon

I use these...

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/gas-ball-lock-post-with-14bsp-bulkhead-assembly/
...they are 1/4” BSP threads and need a 13mm hole. I use 1/4” BSP Dowty washer to seal although they do come with a rubber o-ring. If you use the existing cap you need to keep the S30 thing for pressure relief and to keep it leaky :laugh8:
Thanks Buffer 👍👍👍
I'm thinking on my 2 inch barrel caps, use a standard s30 cap with pressure relief while using secondary ferment gas. Then when that is exhausted, swop caps to one using a Corney keg post maybe. The kegland mk4 regulator would be my go to gas input device, for monitoring pressure.
This way I could just get one modded 2 inch cap for use on my current beer on tap, the ones in conditioning state would be OK with the originals.
The 4 inch barrels would be dual post.
Cheers Jon

So after the 2nd ferment co2 expired swapped caps and running on this now.
No leaks stable 8psi happy bunny.
The beer is Admirals Reserve
received_379722956434157.jpeg
received_2945384799081360.jpeg
received_381734596427501.jpeg

I use these...

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/gas-ball-lock-post-with-14bsp-bulkhead-assembly/
...they are 1/4” BSP threads and need a 13mm hole. I use 1/4” BSP Dowty washer to seal although they do come with a rubber o-ring. If you use the existing cap you need to keep the S30 thing for pressure relief and to keep it leaky :laugh8:
Morning Buffer about to set up my KK conversion with the kit i received from you now that the posts have arrived from China, my question is do you lock them in place with nut under the lid or do you rely on the quick connect under the lid to hold them in place, not sure wether the lock nut is for holding valve together.

Morning Buffer about to set up my KK conversion with the kit i received from you now that the posts have arrived from China, my question is do you lock them in place with nut under the lid or do you rely on the quick connect under the lid to hold them in place, not sure wether the lock nut is for holding valve together.
Hi @private4587 As I fit my posts to elbows I have a parallel nipple through the lid and fit the push fit connector to that to hold everything in place.
IMG_20210115_113517591.jpg

As you're fitting the post through the lid, the post thread is too long for the push fit connector to tighten down and seal so you need to secure and seal the post using the hex nut then tape the exposed post thread and fit the push fit connector. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back