Using two one can kits instead of sugar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
apologies if this has been asked before. I’m tempted to get two of the MYO IPA kits and use both instead of adding sugar to one since they are now on sale at less than £9. Do you think this would be with a go? Would I need to use both packs of yeast?

apologies if this has been asked before. I’m tempted to get two of the MYO IPA kits and use both instead of adding sugar to one since they are now on sale at less than £9. Do you think this would be with a go? Would I need to use both packs of yeast?
If it's a pre-hopped kit, you'll be doubling the bitterness. It would be better to use one can of kit and one can of malt extract.
No- one sachet of yeast will be enough.

I really cannot imagine that two one can kits made to 23-25L are going to be "over hopped". I did Coopers and Wilko Stouts this way several times without being overwhelmed.

I've done a few of one can kits, with no extra fermentables to about 12L & they've all produced drinkable beer.

Latest posts

Back