Using water from a dehumidifier?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All joking aside,It does prove that the output waste water from a de-humidifier in a DOMESTIC setting will be anything BUT pure.!!

The water will be contaminated by every household chemical used in the property.
also dead skin and pet hairs
also any cosmetics/deodorants used from areosols
also fumes from any fresh paint
also toxic substances from any smoking
also any radon gas which may have accumulated in the property
also remenants of traffic fumes and oil vapours coming in thtough windows and doors.
also taint from cooking and esp frying in the property.
also fungi,virus,bacteria

Need i go on,The output from a domestic dehumidifier is FILTHY
And farts, don't forget farts.

You can do whatever you want, just don't drink it, lol. Airborne water vapour condenses on the coils and drips into a tank. Because contaminants and minerals were left behind as the water evaporated into the air, the condensed water is clean. We don't have to drink water that has been dripped from a dehumidifier. Just drink normal water if you want to, but a good dehumidifier, if you don't have any good models in your mind, can be found in this top of the 7 best from dehumidifiercritic.com.

Last edited:
Many members joke about this and thats fine and dandy.

But please for anyone who is considering this nonsense,POUR IT DOWN THE DRAIN.

OR water the garden with it.!!

Sometimes silly ideas run and go the distance.
This is a real non-starter.

The only reason i asked was i was reading about it the other day, some vet was saying it is bad and shortens a dogs life he not me said Golden Retrievers in 1970 had and average lifespan of 17 years today it's 10.5 years and he blames the food we give them

Latest posts

Back