Vaccine Problem?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the bumpf or a photo of it anyway.

Apologies it was raining and I walked home probably not in order

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_130952.jpg
    IMG_20210121_130952.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20210121_131007.jpg
    IMG_20210121_131007.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20210121_131017.jpg
    IMG_20210121_131017.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20210121_131029.jpg
    IMG_20210121_131029.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 52
I have tried to read them but they are unreadable on my phone, what do they say in brief.

OBLIGATORY NOTICE: I am not your doctor this is a very brief summary. Get your own medical advice

In brief the bumpf says

COVID 19 MRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 (aka pfizer biotech)

Read all this leaflet ... etc
What is in this leaflet ...etc

first page done

second page

what this vaccine is and who produced .. etc

not to be given to anyone who has
- had serious allergic reaction
- breathing problems (so that's you smokers)
- high fever
- compromised immune system
- bleeding problem

no children allowed
don't take other meds

no pregnants

don't drive after having jab

end second page

start third page

contains potassium

2 doses required 21 days apart immunity 7 days after 2nd dose

big list of possible side efects and how to report

end 3rd page
4th page
how to store vaccine and ingredient list

Ciggies taste downright disgusting as I used to have an odd one when vaping to remind me of what I was missing and the fact that it turned my stomach :vomitintoilet:

But that was when you had decided they were not good for you and were wanting to quit as i said earlier

The problem is and speaking from experience once you get used to the taste it becomes a nice taste and a very hard habit to break

OBLIGATORY NOTICE: I am not your doctor this is a very brief summary. Get your own medical advice

In brief the bumpf says

COVID 19 MRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 (aka pfizer biotech)

Read all this leaflet ... etc
What is in this leaflet ...etc

first page done

second page

what this vaccine is and who produced .. etc

not to be given to anyone who has
- had serious allergic reaction
- breathing problems (so that's you smokers)
- high fever
- compromised immune system
- bleeding problem

no children allowed
don't take other meds

no pregnants

don't drive after having jab

end second page

start third page

contains potassium

2 doses required 21 days apart immunity 7 days after 2nd dose

big list of possible side efects and how to report

end 3rd page
4th page
how to store vaccine and ingredient list

Thanks for letting us know.

Which version of the vaccine is this?

Not good news for the smokers.

1 & 2 below have already happened here as SWMBO and my parents have had theirs, i am down in eighth place. :(

When will I get a vaccine?

Vaccines are being given to the most vulnerable first. A list of nine high-priority groups - which covers about 32 million people including 90-99% of those most at risk of dying - is being followed:

1 - Residents in care homes for older adults and their carers

2 - 80-year-olds and over and frontline health and social care workers

3 - 75-year-olds and over

4 - 70-year-olds and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals

5 - 65-year-olds and over

6 - 16- to 64-year-olds with serious underlying health conditions

7 - 60-year-olds and over

8 - 55-year-olds and over

9 - 50-year-olds and over

All four nations of the UK follow these priorities, but decisions on the roll-out vary between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
NHS frontline staff, care home residents and workers, and the over 80s have been the first priority. Nearly half of over-80s in the UK have been vaccinated.

Full article - Covid: When will I get the vaccine?

1611246713576.png

Last edited:
But that was when you had decided they were not good for you and were wanting to quit as i said earlier
Smoked since I was 13 now 50 and vaping about 3 years and whilst I was smoking the taste and sensation was fantastic but as you say it not until you make that decision that triggers the switch.Even the smell of stale cigarettes is vile and never noticed it whilst I was smoking or maybe just didn't want to.

i do believe there is some truth in the don't drink when taking antibiotics advice as I think it reduces their efficiency.
I read somewhere about russian advice that drinking reduces any vaccine efficiency. I wish I could find the article but must of had a few at the time of reading it and with no internet history no clue of the link. So I asked my son who said it's not implausable. It could be related to the metabolism and how your body processes alcohol that could increase the rate the dose is 'flushed out/stays in the body' . I'd ask him to research this more for me but he's busy jabbing arms left right & centre ATM. So I may stay off the pop a few days either side.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-russia-vaccine-alcoho-idUSKBN28J239
The full article not just the headline gives a balanced read.

Last edited:
I’m not sure where I read it but apparently it’s a myth that you need to avoid alcohol when on antibiotics too. It seems this info was given back in the day when 90% antibiotics were being prescribed for the treatment of STDs and was used as a way to reduce the risk of them having a drink, losing their inhibitions and sleeping around until the infection was gone.

As I pointed out in the OP, the article itself gave both sides of the story on the Covid-19 vaccination.

With regard to the quote above I can speak from first hand knowledge:
  1. In the early days, the penicillin injections were almost nullified by alcohol. After WW2 (where penicillin was used to treat war wounds) it was used to treat STD's and other infections. With regard to STD's, not drinking alcohol served a dual purpose. i.e. it kept the penicillin active in the body to fight the infection and it also reduced the chances of a person getting drunk and passing on the infection. (In my youth waking up with a warm body at the side of me was not an unusual occurrence. I remember one time waking up and thinking "Please God, not the fat lass in the red dress." and opening my eyes to see a red dress carelessly thrown over the back of a chair!)
  2. As antibiotics progressed and the sulphonamides emerged as the predominant antibiotics the need for not drinking alcohol was reduced.
  3. In the late 1990's I came back from India with a bad case of a UTI and my doctor started making out a prescription whilst chanting the usual "... and don't drink any alcohol." when I interrupted him to point out that I had just spent over six weeks on a "dry" offshore production platform! "All right," he said crumpling the first prescription up "but only drink in moderation okay?"
  4. Finally, as a very young lad I discovered that there was class distinction even in a VD Clinic (as they were called in the early 1960's). I heard the Nurse interviewing the Client in the next booth who spoke in a very upper-class accent and declared that he was "... a Bank Clerk." The Nurse replied "Urinate into these two bottles. The first part into bottle 'A' and the second part into bottle 'B'." The Nurse then came round to my own booth and elicited the information that I was a member of the Merchant Navy. At this point the Nurse started off with the speech "P1ss into these two bottles ..." I pointed out that I understood what the word "urinate" meant but probably did myself no favours!
With regard to the recent vaccination:
  • It is well known that alcohol suppresses the production of white blood cells.
  • White blood cells are known to be needed for the body to produce antibodies.
  • As I am getting on in years (my body has struggled to create new bone to repair a break in March 2020) I wish to give myself the best chance it will have of producing the required antibodies to fight the Covid-19 virus.
It really is a "no brainer" for me!

BTW, I have an American mate who nodded when he heard the tale about the red dress and muttered "A Coyote Woman eh?" When asked what he meant he replied "You look at her and wonder whether you would rather chew your own arm off than move it from under her head and wake her up." :laugh8::laugh8:

Happy Days!!

1 & 2 below have already happened here as SWMBO and my parents have had theirs, i am down in eighth place. :(

When will I get a vaccine?

Vaccines are being given to the most vulnerable first. A list of nine high-priority groups - which covers about 32 million people including 90-99% of those most at risk of dying - is being followed:

1 - Residents in care homes for older adults and their carers

2 - 80-year-olds and over and frontline health and social care workers

3 - 75-year-olds and over

4 - 70-year-olds and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals

5 - 65-year-olds and over

6 - 16- to 64-year-olds with serious underlying health conditions

7 - 60-year-olds and over

8 - 55-year-olds and over

9 - 50-year-olds and over

All four nations of the UK follow these priorities, but decisions on the roll-out vary between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
NHS frontline staff, care home residents and workers, and the over 80s have been the first priority. Nearly half of over-80s in the UK have been vaccinated.

Full article - Covid: When will I get the vaccine?

View attachment 39890

Im not even on the sodding list!!! :laugh8:

I think by the time it comes down to us, it will need re administering/ changed ect ect..

So I doubt the younger population will get it for a long time.. and the spread will continue forever..

I know I know I am being pessimistic just feels like it never ends and I am struggling to believe this is all going to be a smaller issue this time next year

In answer I got the initial dose of the pfizer BioNTech vaccine it's the minus 80 degrees C storage one.. which is why I got it because I am not in tier 1. NHS needed to stick it into someone or bin it. I love how the daily mail put it as queue jumping. Most of the local coal mining district turned up and only one got turned away (because she was 74 and a bit befuddled)

I think I need to point out the goverment disorganisation on this. The on the ground staff had me in and out in 37 min from back of queue to outside. Yet They lacked people to stab. One call to social media and we turned up

If you are wondering about the lateness of this post - one of the possible side effects is "tiredness" so I have been sleeping odd hours. Actually I have had all very common side efects except joint pain and muscle pain.

Very Common side effects ( less than 1 in 10 people)
  • pain at injection site
  • tiredness
  • headache
  • muscle pain
  • chills
  • joint pain
  • fever
Common (more than 1 in 10 people)

• injection site swelling
  • redness at infection site
  • nausea
Uncommon (1 in 100 ish)
  • enlarged lyph nodes
  • feeling unwell

I have to love the last it's so vague it is like boris said it

My mother and SWMBO have both had their jab SWMBO had a sore arm and felt a bit tired, my mother slept most of the next two days but didn't suffer any other side effects.

The day after we got our first Pfizer jab the row started as to how long we can leave it before we have the 2nd jab!

ONLY the UK Government has moved the 2nd jab out to "within 12 weeks" whilst the rest of the world have either stuck with the Manufacturers target of "3 weeks" or moved it out to "within 6 weeks".

A comment from Pfizer said "We only tested the vaccine at three weeks separation." so how come Boris and his gang feel that they can move the 2nd jab out to 12 weeks?

I have to ask "Will it be worth the time, effort and money to go for the 2nd jab?"

Our own 2nd jab is booked for 11 weeks after the original one, but I'm beginning to wonder what useful (if any) purpose there will be to having it; bearing in mind that we have already attempted to give the first jab the best possible chance of producing antibodies by avoiding alcohol, eating a healthy diet etc.

The day after we got our first Pfizer jab the row started as to how long we can leave it before we have the 2nd jab!

ONLY the UK Government has moved the 2nd jab out to "within 12 weeks" whilst the rest of the world have either stuck with the Manufacturers target of "3 weeks" or moved it out to "within 6 weeks".

A comment from Pfizer said "We only tested the vaccine at three weeks separation." so how come Boris and his gang feel that they can move the 2nd jab out to 12 weeks?

I have to ask "Will it be worth the time, effort and money to go for the 2nd jab?"

Our own 2nd jab is booked for 11 weeks after the original one, but I'm beginning to wonder what useful (if any) purpose there will be to having it; bearing in mind that we have already attempted to give the first jab the best possible chance of producing antibodies by avoiding alcohol, eating a healthy diet etc.

This is one of the most stupidest decisions ever. Only in the UK can we make such a decision. The government always think they know best. I can see the headlines now - how the everyone will need another vaccine because they ****** this up.

I may be wrong but i thought the idea behind this was they only have a limited amount of people who can give the jab so if they were doing both it would slow down the amount of people getting protection from the first one, i would rather they gave the first jab to as many as they can and the fastest they can than give a lot less full protection and slowing down the first.

I may be wrong but i thought the idea behind this was they only have a limited amount of people who can give the jab so if they were doing both it would slow down the amount of people getting protection from the first one, i would rather they gave the first jab to as many as they can and the fastest they can than give a lot less full protection and slowing down the first.

It is. The problem is that there is no data obtained by Pfizer to say if/how effective the first vaccination would be after 6 weeks.

Back