Vacuum Sealer

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

BenParr

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good quality vacuum sealer for sealing hops? Mine is useless and slow! 😂🍺all recommendations greatly appreciated

trueblue

Regular.
Reaction score
I have had an Andrew James one for around 15 years still works fine. Not sure if it would be suitable for a commercial operation but can recommend the brand.

stevey

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for the Andrew James. I find that the bag rolls that are smooth on one side, retain the vacuum whereas the ones that are dimpled on both sides always seem to let air back in.

soupdragon

Reaction score
Another thumb's-up for the Andrew James. No good if you're thinking of using the silver (mylar?) bags though

Cheers. Tom

RichardM

Regular.
Reaction score
If you have a cheaper domestic vacuum sealer you need to use the bags that are smooth on one side and ribbed on the other

BenParr

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
If you have a cheaper domestic vacuum sealer you need to use the bags that are smooth on one side and ribbed on the other
Thanks mate,

I have had no luck at all with the past two I have used! Just invested in something of a higher quality :)

Cheers

foxbat

Reaction score
Another +1 for Andrew James. Tip: don't ignore the label that tells you not to store it closed!

foxbat

Reaction score
Don't remember seeing that instruction anywhere? Does it give the reason why?

Cheers. Tom
You end up with permanent indentations in the foam-rubber strip and it won't vacuum seal any more. Mine seems to be recovering a bit a few months after I noticed it'd happened but I do have to lean on it now to get it to vacuum seal.

trueblue

Regular.
Reaction score
I never saw those instructions either but I have never closed it when storing. the fact it is around 15 years old and used regularly is a testament to the quality of the build.