Valentine's gift for my wife.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dozen roses-red, of course, with the one in the middle being white, and the card that reads “in every group, there is one stand out beauty, and I found you.”

I have bought SWMBO a new suitcase and i have put the bus fare to her mothers in it, i hope she gets the message. ;)

I am of course joking, we don't do valentines, birthdays or Christmas we would rather keep the money for something worth while than line the till of some overpriced store because its the done thing on that day.

You might remember why it got thrown away when you use it. We got one only used it the once before giving it away. It's all the cleaning up afterwards.
I am thinking of getting my wife a dough mixer off Ali-express, I have just about rooted our KitchenAid.

Ner, we were moving house at the time, and it just didn't appear at our new address. A brand new detail sander (never used) did the same thing, vanished completely, never to be seen again.... Then there was the bottle of my wife's perfume that vanished, the only remaining trace of it was the stink of perfume over everything it had been packed with.... Yeah, I would hesitate to hire supposed professional removals men ever again! They drove off with a half empty van, refusing to take any more, saying they were already full too, at nearly £1000 cost, and that was for 1 trip, ignoring the fact that the quote was given for a written list of items...... Or it could have even been of of the many items that my dad decided to chuck instead of bringing when we paid him to transport some boxes for us too.... Fun move that one was... lol

We had home made noodle the other day made with it. Less mess than when one of our daughters makes pizza bases, or even grates cheese. :laugh8:

So, I mentioned in my thread about my shiny new FV that I'd bought my wife a shiny new pasta maker for Valentine's day as a thank you. She used to have a machine years ago, but for some daft reason it got thrown away, and she's been hankering for a new one ever since.

So, here it is, in all of it's shiny glory. :)

View attachment 41292

I thought you folks might appreciate it. ;)
My OH has bought me a new Kitchenaid food processor ... which I'm well pleased with 💕 , it was a bit tongue in cheek as I bought a new mouse and conference microphone to use with their laptop! So I can very much empathise with the idea of a shiny pasta maker as a valentines gift, eminently practical way of showing love on Valentines day 😍,

Anna

My OH has bought me a new Kitchenaid food processor ... which I'm well pleased with 💕 , it was a bit tongue in cheek as I bought a new mouse and conference microphone to use with their laptop! So I can very much empathise with the idea of a shiny pasta maker as a valentines gift, eminently practical way of showing love on Valentines day 😍,

Anna

You see, if you buy your wife a food processor she is as unlikely to only make yummy food for just herself as one who was just bought a pasta maker is going to only make pasta for herself. It’s male logic. There’s no greater gift you can give a woman than one that you will benefit from yourself 😉

It sort of works both ways really, she knows I enjoy brewing, and enjoys the beer I make, so bought me a lovely shiny FV for my birthday and valentine's combined. We both get to enjoy it. I even brewed a small batch of grapefruit IPA for her (the Elvis Juice type clone), I hate grapefruit and can't stand it (I don't like actual Elvis Juice either...).

She loves kitchen gadgets, and actually asked for a pasta machine (she was thinking of the cheaper ones though.. lol) when I asked her (she's very hard to buy for to be honest). It just so happens that I find her home made pasta and noodles delicious..... lol Had some lovely egg noodles the other day, and she made me some lovely mushroom tortellini for lunch.... athumb..

It's nice when you can benefit from each others hobbies as a couple I reckon.

I draw the line and buying her a vacuum cleaner... lol

Oh that's a good line to keep to... and no irons or ironing boards either!

A

We don't do irons here, just wash, dry and wear. lol Not actually ironed my clothes since back when I was a nurse to be honest. lol A good tumble dryer is all that you need. athumb..

Oh and a dish washer, because who likes arguing about who's going to wash the dishes after a meal? lol
We've been married for 17 years, together for 18..... Something is working. lol

Latest posts

Back