Van "flies" in roundabout crash

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drugs or Drink at play here ...a few years ago I had to stop someone from killing themselfs or someone.

Is it just me or does he not even apply the brakes? Even at the last second?

Many years ago I lived opposite a busy junction in Alton. I was sitting out on the lawn at rush hour when I heard a bang and looked up to see the underside of a car as it sailed over our 6 feet high hedge into the neighbour's driveway. Apparently his brakes had failed as he approached the junction so he'd just gone onto the wrong side of the road, past about a hundred yards of queing traffic and straight into the bank at the bottom of our garden. After he'd calmed down a bit he got back into his car and drove off. With no brakes!

Looks to me like the guy filming was racing the van. I wonder why you don't see the few mins before?
That's what I thought. The filming vehicle was also approaching the roundabout WAY too fast.

I think at the moment the guy cut in (see screen shot below) he had no idea there was a roundabout ahead as the bigger white van on his left was obscuring his view.

ttttt.jpg

Last edited:
I have way too much time on my hands. :laugh8:
Maybe, but that was decent detective work. I was a little annoyed when I didn't see that. I know, technically, we can't be sure but if it quacks like a duck....
And how about your "Chippy Tea" falling right in line with CHIPs? Couldn't have planned that better.
By the way, some time back I tried to put a pin in my location but there was no obvious way for me to do it. I saw one in Washington state so it can be done. Is it likely it's me and my computer settings?
Thanks.

Back