Vegetarians and Vegans

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh god not Cowspiracy again.
The suggestion that cow farts and livestock farming is overheating the planet faster than burning fossil fuels is a dangerous distraction from the real problem that actual science has agreed upon.
Cowspiracy, On that basis were the dinosours responsible for their own down fall because they must have had massive ass holes athumb..

I agree. Live and let live. I don't eat meat or fish so what. I do my own thing. What I choose to eat is my affair. But trying to nit pick because I drink beer that might have animal finnings in it or saying someone is not a true vegan because of some obscure thing is just mean and bitchy. I know that you will say good riddance but I am seriously considering leaving this forum. Whinging poms , no thanks.
Whinging Poms, It's what we do best surely?

Well some of us whinge, others roll up their sleeves and get things done wink...

Bye, I'm gone. Not my style. Good luck to all of you. Can't get into the sartorial banter. I don't find it funny trying to ridicule each other. Must be a very British thing.

I don't think people ridiculing each other is solely a British thing.

I can alter the settings so you no longer see the Snug and any content from it (in new posts etc) meaning you can carry on using the rest of the forum, i assume you didn't register just to post in the Snug so this could be a way around the issue you are having with it.

Last edited:
Why would you think it is a PC term?
It’s a demographic and accurately describes people who sometimes deliberately abstain from meat but still enjoy meat as part of their normal diet.

Ah, I get it!

I was doing an HSE Inspection of a Drillship in India and went into the room that had a meat block used for chopping up meat and fish. I switched on the lights and watched the meat block shimmer as the 1,000 plus cockroaches that were covering it headed for somewhere less illuminated!

When I shone my Maglite into the cracks in the meat block a number of cockroaches looked back at me and I decided, there and then, to become a vegetarian (or "flexitarian" due to the limited time) whilst I lived on the ship!

PS
When I discovered that there was an outbreak of scabies on the same vessel, the Medic assured me that my bed linen and work clothes were washed along with the ships Officers and kept separate from the crew! I was not reassured!

Ah, I get it!

I was doing an HSE Inspection of a Drillship in India and went into the room that had a meat block used for chopping up meat and fish. I switched on the lights and watched the meat block shimmer as the 1,000 plus cockroaches that were covering it headed for somewhere less illuminated!

When I shone my Maglite into the cracks in the meat block a number of cockroaches looked back at me and I decided, there and then, to become a vegetarian (or "flexitarian" due to the limited time) whilst I lived on the ship!

PS
When I discovered that there was an outbreak of scabies on the same vessel, the Medic assured me that my bed linen and work clothes were washed along with the ships Officers and kept separate from the crew! I was not reassured!
Dutto, you did at least survive, for which this forum (or at least this member) is grateful. - have your stocks survived covid19? - Mine have taken a bit of a hit.

Dutto, you did at least survive, for which this forum (or at least this member) is grateful. - have your stocks survived covid19? - Mine have taken a bit of a hit.

Thanks for asking. 👍

Sorry but I broke my left thigh in April 2020 and wasn’t allowed to put weight on the repair until May this year! (Old age methinks!)😡

A result is that I haven’t brewed anything since March last year, ran out of CO2 to keep brews under pressure about September 2020 and generally went into “The slough of despond!” to misquote someone!

I still have a couple of kits left somewhere and I’m planning a return to brewing very soon! 👍👍

Latest posts

Back