Vegetarians and Vegans

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost the will to live half way through reading about a macrobiotic
At least the vegans never made the cut they would need at least 4 pages to detail what they can’t eat 🙄
I am vegan and love meat and two vegetables without the meat. Easy sorted. Live and let live. No need to get grumpy over it.

I lost the will to live half way through reading about a macrobiotic
At least the vegans never made the cut they would need at least 4 pages to detail what they can’t eat 🙄
Oh for God's sake. What is wrong with you people. Why is someone who decides not to eat meat such a threat to you. Talk about prejudice. Not everyone wants to eat meat what is the problem.

I think some people like to be labelled as they've got nowt else to talk about that's remotely interesting...AND you can probably go on the sick with it and get a medal.
A sad outlook on life.

Im not overthinking it. I only eat meat when I want to but I’m not any sort of ‘aterian. Why does a word need to exist for what has been around for generations ? So it’s a made up word so someone feels they can fit in. And the bandwagon exists as it’s now very ‘pc’ for people to describe themselves as a certain thing so they can fit in to a certain demographic. Be what you want but you don’t need a label or a box to be it. Simple.
Even simpler to have a word for it. Vocabulary is ever expanding.

Wh
Why have a word to describe eating both meat and veg other than omnivore? It's just trying to sound a bit exclusive...
I wonder if in the future some nutcase violent person may be called a "grannytarian" as whereas they'll beat up anyone they fancy on a whim they only do granny bashing on the second Wednesday in a month...
What? Are you for real? What is wrong with you?

Luckily they are a lot better nowadays.
My biggest issue is the texture, almost everything is so soft it’s like a holiday for your teeth.
Unlike meat sausages made out of bits of animals that no one would eat if they knew.

I can understand Veganism, I could even be vegetarian if I could be bothered as I don't eat a lot of meat because I dislike a lot of modern farming practices. However I do find vegans (some) can be quite extreme with their views against meat eaters and yet many I consider hypocritical in that their morals are lacking when it comes to eating Palm Oil which is responsible for the cruel slaughter of much wildlife. The Vegan Society for example are quite happy to endorse products containing Palm Oil and only actually care about farmed animals.
I like an educated argument. Quite true.

What does it matter? Eat whatever you are happy with. Personally I am not happy with eating meat. No need to go around labelling and putting people down because they eat one thing one day and something the next. Chill out and relax. Enjoy your beer.

You can get vegan findings now.

But just be careful it's not one of those vegan finings brands that eats a big steak once in a while.....
Cos then it's an omnivore / flexitarian / pseudo vegan / hypocrite.
But don't worry, you'll know when it's being vegan because it will tell you at every possible opportunity, so as to feel morally superior.

What does it matter? Eat whatever you are happy with. Personally I am not happy with eating meat. No need to go around labelling and putting people down because they eat one thing one day and something the next. Chill out and relax. Enjoy your beer.
The whole point of this Was someone putting a label on them selves and then getting annoyed when I refused to label myself. As I have stated before I have no issue with anyone but some of the comments have tried to belittle and abuse because we laugh at the fact that some manufactures try to make Vegetarian food look and taste like meat to suit the people who choose veg/vegan to “look good “ or “fit in”
You are missing the point of us so called meat eaters are making and using it as a case for persecution.
Chill out have a beer and eat some lentil crisps.

Last edited:
I have cut my meat consumption to just my main meal at night now on the whole.. not always the case but I often have Huel for lunch and breakfast or porridge and cereal bars nuts fruits and that kinda stuff..

like everything else in life I think it is all about balance and having a lifestyle which you can maintain for the rest of your life while enjoying the things you enjoy.

A vegan work collegue of mine has recently decided he is now going to be plant based since he eats a lot of vegan mcdonalnds and the other day for breakfast he went to greasy spoon and has 4 hash browns beans 5 vegan sausages and mushrooms.. to be fair it looked nice but again its not healthy and probably cooked in the same crappy oil as the rest of it .. Whatever you eat, it is all about balance and eating enough of the good stuff as well as teh bad stuff.

I don't mind what anybody eats it's their choice, what i can't stand is the food police ie the salt sugar full fat is bad for you police the we know better brigade who knows what's good for everybody, anyway i going to eat my porridge now enjoy your day and your food what ever that may be acheers.

I don't mind what anybody eats it's their choice, what i can't stand is the food police ie the salt sugar full fat is bad for you police the we know better brigade who knows what's good for everybody, anyway i going to eat my porridge now enjoy your day and your food what ever that may be acheers.

Porridge is good stuff!!.....oh wait... erm... how much sugar are you going to put on top .. you know thats not good for you... right?

(as I literally put honey on mine)

Latest posts

Back