Verdant IPA Yeast at Geterbrewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean from my perspective this is great timing. When i had heard something was happening i immediately thought it would be dry isolate of a boddingtons/london ale III.

But it may well be a house variation on the above and maybe even a blend. I know some breweries who use a US05/ESB blend in yeast to get enough esters, and low floc while getting enough attenuation.

I cant wait to try it and see how it performs and how it can be scaled up to a 10 Hcl pitch. This sort of innovatin can only be great thing for the HB world and micros who dont have yeast brinks and the labs yet, or the money to buy wet yeast all the time.
It was born out of analysis of the Verdant house strain , analysis showed 3 strains of s. cervisiae and one strain was isolated for production of premium quality ipa's. It was selected for it's fermentation performance and unique sensory qualities , fresh apricot notes with tropical and citrus fruit aroma, increased mouthfeel with a soft palate, it will produce a fast and vigorous fermentation and tolerate up to 10%

Back