Verdant IPA yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Verdant beers are usually right up there for quality if you like thick fruity hazy IPAs with a smooth mouthfeel.

Bottled mine this morning, looking decent, now the wait begins.........

Verdant Yeast.jpg

I modified David Heath’s recipe slightly, went from OG 1.068 to my expected FG of 1.013 in 7 days, maybe quicker as I took first sample at day 7. Surprisingly clear sample, I did the hop stand at 95°c rather than 80°c. Dry hopping for 3 days now. High hopes.

Good luck with that, i'm doing his recipe next but like you slightly modified as I haven't got his exact grain bill, same hops as he suggested though.............

Hi guys sorry to jump in at a late stage, I personally love Verdant beers and drank loads of it so I had to try there yeast, I don't have room for an AG kit so I play around with beer kits... I've used Mangrove Jack's juicy session IPA and switched the yeast for the Verdant and yess I got a big sticky mess out of the airlock and had to change it every 20mins.... Anyway the final outcome is brilliant, this is only 3 days in the bottle, tropical fruit explosion, peachy aroma. There's still the twang from the kit I've noticed I get using this kit but it does die off after a bit more conditioning. I've got another in the fv that I've done a galaxy tea addition as well as the Citra dry hop addition....
IMG_20201114_192129125.jpg

Hi guys sorry to jump in at a late stage, I personally love Verdant beers and drank loads of it so I had to try there yeast, I don't have room for an AG kit so I play around with beer kits... I've used Mangrove Jack's juicy session IPA and switched the yeast for the Verdant and yess I got a big sticky mess out of the airlock and had to change it every 20mins.... Anyway the final outcome is brilliant, this is only 3 days in the bottle, tropical fruit explosion, peachy aroma. There's still the twang from the kit I've noticed I get using this kit but it does die off after a bit more conditioning. I've got another in the fv that I've done a galaxy tea addition as well as the Citra dry hop addition.... View attachment 35678
Good to hear you have good results, there seems to be mixed feelings about it. I went to dry hop today thinking I had hit FG but there was a lot of yeast at the surface and bubbles, still looks like fermentation hasn’t finished. I’ll leave it for a few more days.

Good to hear you have good results, there seems to be mixed feelings about it. I went to dry hop today thinking I had hit FG but there was a lot of yeast at the surface and bubbles, still looks like fermentation hasn’t finished. I’ll leave it for a few more days.
Yeah I had the same so left mine a little longer

Just kegged a full 19l of my IPA bordering DIPA with Verdant yeast. Not getting any peach but it's like drinking orange juice. Should be carbonated in about 3 days. It's fabulous and I let it ride pretty high one day, up to 24.

I'm gonna be brewing up a big NEIPA with Verdant's yeast later today (after this night shift) and I'm keen to see how it turns out. Got 100g each of Bru-1 and Citra for a 20-30 min hop stand (80c) and then 100g each of Mosaic and Citra post fermentation dry hop for 2 days (14c). I'm using the tried and tested 'cheater' hops combination as I know this should work well. If I'm happy with the outcome next up will be a Bru-1, Citra and Sabro version with Sabro taking a more dominant role similar hopping schedule but with Sab/Bru, Sab/Citra being the combo. First time trying some brewing salt additions too to try and soften things up a little. Fingers crossed!

I'm gonna be brewing up a big NEIPA with Verdant's yeast later today (after this night shift) and I'm keen to see how it turns out. Got 100g each of Bru-1 and Citra for a 20-30 min hop stand (80c) and then 100g each of Mosaic and Citra post fermentation dry hop for 2 days (14c). I'm using the tried and tested 'cheater' hops combination as I know this should work well. If I'm happy with the outcome next up will be a Bru-1, Citra and Sabro version with Sabro taking a more dominant role similar hopping schedule but with Sab/Bru, Sab/Citra being the combo. First time trying some brewing salt additions too to try and soften things up a little. Fingers crossed!

So brew day was a disaster but I hit my target OG of 1.074. Gonna do 100g each of Citra and Sabro for the dry hop as I think the slight vanilla folks are talking about might compliment Sabro if it does bring some coconut to the party!

The Verdant yeast took of quite swiftly and today less than 12 hrs later is bubbling away. The smell out of the FV is fantastic and I’ll be top cropping this yeast for sure! I’ve a heap of juicy hops so I guess my next brews will be juicy pale ales from now until new year!!

Used this in my bipa. Jesus what a mess it made and it was what convinced me to get a FS straight away
It is messy and I probably won't use it again because of it that was an insane blowoff of yeast.

What's FSmean?

Back