Verdant Maltmiller Comp

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

itry

Regular.
Reaction score
Is any one going to enter this ?

I was thinking about it ......................................................then i remembered that im not that good

jceg316

Landlord.
Reaction score
That looks pretty cool and really tempting, and if there's one thing I love in life it's free yeast. However IPA isn't really my style and there isn't enough time to experiment around. Ironically I could make some "big juicy" NEIPAs in Verdant's style but it would involve kveik yeast instead of theirs.

Surfingobo

Reaction score
I’m planning to give it a try. Huge hop bill but I only brew 8L batches so if it goes wrong then it’s not the end of the world.

a bit confusing but I think they are sending the yeast out before its release date?

Arrakus

Reaction score
I’ll give it a go. Is the Verdant yeast the same as the Lallemand New England yeast....just under a new name?

Surfingobo

Reaction score
I’ll give it a go. Is the Verdant yeast the same as the Lallemand New England yeast....just under a new name?
They have said it is a new strain form Verdant Brewery, Cornwall.

stigman

Landlord.
Reaction score
So a thread on here a while back was about putty water profile I think, check out the sulphate to chloride ratio 10ppm sulphate 230ppm chloride. So this is how they get that Mouthfeel

Leon103

Landlord.
Reaction score
Yo
I’m planning to give it a try. Huge hop bill but I only brew 8L batches so if it goes wrong then it’s not the end of the world.

a bit confusing but I think they are sending the yeast out before its release date?
You can buy the yeast now at other outlets.

Braindead

Landlord.
Reaction score
So a thread on here a while back was about putty water profile I think, check out the sulphate to chloride ratio 10ppm sulphate 230ppm chloride. So this is how they get that Mouthfeel
Never seen levels like that before.
Also separate additions in mash n boil

Ray1314

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bit gutted, I would have liked to enter but won't be home until the 28th of the month, would be cutting it a bit too fine to have something brewed and sent by the 14th of August. Someone's in for a great prize!