Verdant Maltmiller Comp

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spoke to Martin at Malt Miller.
He said he's only received 50% of the feedback so far so it's all not been sent out yet.

Final judging is happening today

I got an email a few days ago. I got 27/50 for my NEIPA (Azzaca and Idaho-7) which is only 3 points from being regarded as 'Very good' and the feedback was accurate and very actionable. I'm really happy with the score as a first comp attempt and NEIPAs are quite technically challenging beers to make. I think I can definatly make it better by doing a little longer fermentation, doing 2 rounds of dry hops and not messing up the closed transfer :P

strange how they sent them to bjcp judges who seemed to be using bjcp scoresheets thought it wasn't a bjcp comp. Also all judges had a verdant- shakes ipa to drink, as if it was a clone type comp. At least they provided feedback which wasn't on the cards originally.

Well done @dan125 on his 45.

strange how they sent them to bjcp judges who seemed to be using bjcp scoresheets thought it wasn't a bjcp comp. Also all judges had a verdant- shakes ipa to drink, as if it was a clone type comp. At least they provided feedback which wasn't on the cards originally.

Well done @dan125 on his 45.

Thanks mate, was chuffed to get to the final and with my highest comp score ever.
From the pictures at least it looked like competition was fierce at the final though.

Latest posts

Back