Verdant Yeast -1 pack or 2?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kye

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm brewing a Verdant style IPA tomorrow to 6.5%, I have bought 2 packs of the Lallemand dry yeast but wondering whether I actually need them both. it's a 20l batch. Will I get better flavour from more yeast and it being less stressed?

I'd rather pitch both packs if it will give a noticeably better result but equally if its not really any different I'll just save a pack for another brew.

Any 1st hand experience or advice appreciated. I've previously brewed with it in a similar size batch and was fine.

cheers

I just did the Craft Beer Channel’s Mountain IPA, 23l batch at around 4.5-5%, and used 1 pack. Ripped through it in 2 days & I left it another week to clear up. Initial taste has no ‘stressed yeast’ overtones.
Going to try it in a Proper Job clone next for shits and giggles.

As stripey Joe says, it's a monstrous yeast and will make short work of 20l at 6% without breaking a sweat.
Used it recently on an IPA that Brewfather said needed 3 packs. Used two and as said in the ’Italian Job’, it ‘blew the bloody doors off’. Go with one I’d say.

thanks for the suggestions, think I'll go with 1 pack!

Latest posts

Back