Verdant yeast for bottle conditioning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vexedben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with bottle conditioning with Verdant yeast. I’ve bottled my latest English pale ale, the first beer I’ve bottled in a while, that used verdant yeast and carbonation drops. On first try after a week, which is probably a bit early, I’m getting a lot of isoamyl acetate (banana flavour) on tasting. They’ve been conditioning in the garage at 20+ degrees which I may suspect is part of the problem and my lack of patience. Has anyone had any success in bottle conditioning with this yeast? Or suffered similar ester production during bottle conditioning.

Cheers, Ben.

I've used this yeast a fair bit recently, and haven't had a problem with either carbonation or off-flavours. What temperature did you ferment at ? I've just got stone fruit and a little vanilla from it when used in a bitter or pale ale. I'd just ride it out for a few weeks, ideally somewhere cool after allowing it to carbonate fully.

I've used this yeast a fair bit recently, and haven't had a problem with either carbonation or off-flavours. What temperature did you ferment at ? I've just got stone fruit and a little vanilla from it when used in a bitter or pale ale. I'd just ride it out for a few weeks, ideally somewhere cool after allowing it to carbonate fully.
Primary fermentation I went 20.5 with an inkbird controller. But I fear the conditioning temp may be what’s causing these issues on reflection.
Depends on how much + I reckon. I’ve used that yeast a lot but always below 20c and haven’t experienced anything similar!
Yea I think the + might be what’s causing it. Given the heatwave we’ve had I should imagine it’s been 25 degrees at least.

Latest posts

Back