Verdant yeast for free

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved the first post in this thread out of the what are you drinking tonight thread but forgot to change the title, i have now edited it.

It’s not really free because you need to pay postage on 3x330ml bottles, which will cost more than the yeast. And you are missing out on a litre of lovely lovely beer.

I could have been tempted but I find MaltMiller quite expensive for ingredients so I only really use them for hops/yeast I can’t get elsewhere or for equipment.

I always check MM, GEB, HBC and CML for availability and price before I order anything and nearly every time GEB is £10-15 cheaper than MM.

It’s not really free because you need to pay postage on 3x330ml bottles, which will cost more than the yeast. And you are missing out on a litre of lovely lovely beer.

I could have been tempted but I find MaltMiller quite expensive for ingredients so I only really use them for hops/yeast I can’t get elsewhere or for equipment.

I always check MM, GEB, HBC and CML for availability and price before I order anything and nearly every time GEB is £10-15 cheaper than MM.
That's a good point dude 👌

you are missing out on a litre of lovely lovely beer.
And the recipe they use as a guide uses 390g of citra and galaxy so just the hops in a litre would cost around £1.20. Unless you were some pretty groovy brewer and knew you had a chance you're wasting their and your own time.

A good way to get free yeast is culture up bottle dregs. There are some interesting blends in some commercial beers, like some Kernel beers, or do a bottle swap with another forumite.

Out of stock already?!
You’re a bit eager.

The link in the OP says:
“The competition will go live on Thursday the 16th of July at noon when the yeast will be available on our site”

Try again in 3 and a half hours.

You’re a bit eager.

The link in the OP says:
“The competition will go live on Thursday the 16th of July at noon when the yeast will be available on our site”

Try again in 3 and a half hours.
Awww I'm a daffty!

I gave up, site going so slowly it took 10 mins to get to check out and then I couldn't find the 'Coupon' box. Have ordered a 'Haze' yeast from crossmyloof instead, will give the recipe I built for this a go.

Got mine OK after a lot of faffing. Shame they wouldn't let you buy extra packs - one won't go very far in a big IPA

Back