Veteran Nooby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandozer

Reaction score
Ex aerospace engineer (electronics) with Bae sytems. Ex Royal Air Force, served on 74, 11, and 43 squadrons.
Did my first homebrewing about 40 odd years back, using the Beersphere which I had to modify to get repeatable and successful results. (gas leaks, gas leaks ... ! )

Got back into brewing with the current conditions being in place (no pubs ). Have a shiny new King Keg, a brew in, and clearing now :) Can already see it needs a few crucial modifications, those will have to wait for now.

Welcome back to brewing. There are a few of us on here who have been brewing off and on since your Beersphere days, and a few even longer! The world of pressure barrels (PBs) has not changed since then however, they still leak , and you either like 'em or you dont. KK seem to fare better than others however . I suggest you have a look through this to set up your KK to give yourself a fighting chance of getting it right first time athumb..
Guide to a Standard Home Brew Pressure Barrel
And if you have started back on kits this might help as a refresher although the basic principles apply to all forms of homebrewing
Basic beginners guide to brewing your own beer from a kit - The HomeBrew Forum

Welcome to Valhalla.
What are you brewing and what mods are you planning to your PB?
Thanks, just brewed a Ritchie`s Yorkshire Bitter kit and can say it is excellent, a realy good tasting ale ! Already I have had a problem with the blow off valve dropping pressure down to about 5 psi. So plan to fit a real pressure valve running at 10psi, (available on ebay) It takes the rubber band variable out of the equation. Would also like to go to a Sodastream size CO2 bottle later, but current conditions not favourable for going to shops.
Notice beer kits are like hen`s teeth now, may try tailor made LME brew next, saved some of my yeast from the brew. athumb..

Back