Vimto/Lowicz priming - bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jemery727

Reaction score
I have made a few basic TC now and interested in making some different flavours. I have seen many recipes that add vimto or Lowicz during the fermentation.
My question is can I add this when bottling instead of priming with sugar?
I like the idea of having the main batch as apple cider and then doing a few bottles with added fruit flavourings.
I understand you could just add this to the glass before drinking but if I am taking a few bottles around a friend's house I don't want to bring extra bottle of vimto with me and I should get some carbonation from the sugar that's in the vimto.

Has anyone done it this way? And if so how much to add to a 750ml bottle?

Yes I've done this a few times.
Just look on the bottle and work out how many ml of your flavouring equates to 4gm of sugar. Then use a syringe to measure that in to your bottles.
What I found was lowicz wasn't particularly effective, as it has sooooo much sugar in it compared to the actual 'flavour', it didn't really come through.
Full fat vimto worked well though

edited to add use a carbonation calc to work out what amount of sugar you need for your bottle size and fizz level you want, as I always do 4gm for a 500ml bottle in cider

Latest posts

Back