Virgin Media woes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStew

Regular.
Reaction score
Virgin have cut me off because they're too incompetant to set up my direct debit after two attempts at giving them my sort code and account details, so i've no internet at home until they get their asses into gear :(

will have to post where i can at work for the time being

:( not good Brew - hope it's sorted soon!

so do i!! as i'll be needing a rauchbier recipe for this weekend! ;)

Back online :) but not without the bastards charging me £10 for a late payment that wasn't my fault :( i hate virgin :evil:

Back online and promoted to Olde Ale Dribbler! :D

BrewStew said:
Back online :) but not without the bastards charging me £10 for a late payment that wasn't my fault :( i hate virgin :evil:

Er, they can't legally do that BS. :evil: They are doing it because the vast majority of people don't understand consumer laws and they know it. Write them a polite but forcefull letter pointing out their incompetence and the procedures you went through. Ask them to refund your money and drop in the words 'consumers act' and inform them that if they don't you will happily take them to court-you will win quite easily as long as you can provide reasonable details of your efforts to pay them. Don't bother to phone them-they'll ignore you because all you'll get is some idiot who can only answer a phone and quote from a computer screen. I wouldn't be surprised if they refund you your money and give you a month or two free.

SWMBO and i have got completely ****** off with these big companies and we are now getting bank charges, credit card interest and late payment charges handed back to us no questions asked. The thing they hate most is being taken to court as they know fully that they cannot fight in court when an idiot they employed has cocked up. The consumer act. Three words that make them **** their pants. ;)

Google it and use it for what it is there for-to protect you from being ripped off by the big boys. :cool: The law is an ****-unless you use it.

Aye. it wasn't until i had already paid the full amount over the phone at work, got home and double checked my bill that i noticed the 10 quid charge :evil: #

will definitely be writing them a letter, and the bastards can even refund the stamp :twisted:

i know it's only £10, but that's enough hops for two more brews!!

When My Dad died in April We cancelled the Set Top Box subscription as it was only He that really watched it any way.

Do you know the cheeky *astar$ on the phone said "They would take Him to court and give Him a County Court Judgement for late payment"

I've made a complaint and have heard nothing from them in three months.

It's not over yet believe Me !

If I could have got My hands around that scumbags throat I'd ......

i'm now posting this from my phone because virgin are ****!

got home and no internet again :( rang up... not been cut off but no have a line problem. an engineer won't be out till monday.

the person I spoke to whom didn't speak nor understand english very well couldn't seem to comprehend why I don't have a start button as I use linux. after 5 mins of hold music i'm told they don't support linux. ugh why do they put such untrained baffoons on a tech support line. any tech head out there will probably be laughing at that statement knowing that what they actually supply and support is a TCP connection and that the OS you use is irrelevant to use the connection

the good news is I got the tenner refunded.

:roll:

i'm thinking of giving sky a ring :(

Well, the engineer came an went and im still without internet.

aparently the line between my house an the box in the street is knackered and won't get fixed until monday 1st :'(

so the only time I can do some decent reading an posting is while at work.

using a phone (as im doin to write this) is just too fiddly cos it doesn't display very well :( so i'll just have to do my bit on lunchbreaks and when I get a spare moment at work

the good news is I got the group brew done today :D

I used protafloc this time and the difference was phenomenal. the downside was a lot ot carried to the fermenter as I dont think I got a god enough hop bed :(

hopefully it'll settle out and get left behind when racked.

Bad news about the internet Brew :shock: :cry: look forward to seeing you back in action.

Glad you got the Forum Brew done :grin: Protofloc is great, i'm converted from Whirlfloc now :D

Give them hell BS. But do it with letters. They are expected to uphold their end of the contract as you are yours. I know it's a bloody pain not having your internet but you have a contract with them. So therefore legally binding. Just because they cannot be bothered to fix your problem doesn't make them right. I feel that's an unreasonable time for a repair and you should be offered compensation. If it's not offered and you have to ask then you have even more legall issues to recite to them. ;)

I agree MEB when it comes to compensating, or at least money off next months bill to cater for the service i dont have.

These days though, utility companies dont bother with signed contracts. i've not signed a contract for a utility in years now, so i'm not sure how it would play out if i force my hand.

BrewStew said:
I agree MEB when it comes to compensating, or at least money off next months bill to cater for the service i dont have.

These days though, utility companies dont bother with signed contracts. i've not signed a contract for a utility in years now, so i'm not sure how it would play out if i force my hand.

Ha Ha. That's excellent. If you forced your hand-as you say. They don't have a leg to stand on. You have the ball in your court. :D They cannot charge you anything if you don't have a legally binding contract. Verball doesn't count when it's for a monthly payment and service. You simply have to have a contract that is signed by you and agreed by them, if not take them to court for unfair charges, unfair procedures. You Cannot lose in a court as the letter of the law must be upheld. Challenge them. They will play hard ball and agree to go to court. But days before they get there they will offer you an out of court settlement. Refuse to accept it as it will be a contract stating that you'll never take them to court ever ever again, even for things you haven't signed that will be in the future. As soon as you refuse to sign it you'll get money thrown at you to not take it to court. Don't go to Magistrates court-they have no idea about law at all and they go with their own feelings on the day and whatever lawyer argues the best. This works out brilliantly if you have the time as you can then take it further. County Court will award you your full costs and compensation. They will not want to go to county court. I guarantee it. :cool:

We are recovering £85,000 of charges and unfair interest at the moment. I expect to get back all of that plus the same again for my inconvenience. Currently they have offered us way more than 85K but if they have then we know we are due more. Consumer laws are bloody great and no-one knows about them. Not even your lawyer. Trust me. Google consumer act and just spend a day on the 'vigilante' forums. It'll make you a very happy and wealthier person. It'll also give you power over these ******* who have relied on breaking the law and no-one finding out. Do you really think you can enter into a contract with someone who removes money from your bank account without there being something in place to protect you?
Now people are finding out the consumer laws they are ******. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you want more info mate just PM me and i'll let lose my legal team on ya! :lol:

I owe £135,000 on a lot of credit cards. :shock: It seems now that i don't and that they are actually due to pay me some money. Work that out? There has been a case in the Scottish courts recently where a chap was stiched up a bit by his credit card company and his bank. They were ordered to pay him £150,000. Face it-at the end of the day if you can just throw your credit card away once it's maxed out wouldn't you? Do you think that if they could find a loophole in the law to screw your life up and repossess your house they wouldn't? Of course they would. If they could find a way to sell your grandmother they would. Fight back and kick the ******* in the balls. I don't give a **** that they allowed me stupid amounts of credit-it was all illegal anyway. Anyne know of a poor credit card company CEO? No, of course you don't. They are either billionaires or bankrupt. Both are criminals. :twisted:

hehe anyway you can get my credit cards written off? :D heck, my car loan too :P

on a serious note though, i'm just after a discount for ***** service. if it only takes a phonecall to get that then i'm happy, i can't be bothered with courts, as i had enough of that with my ex over my son :(

BrewStew said:
hehe anyway you can get my credit cards written off? can't be bothered with courts, as i had enough of that with my ex over my son :(
Just about to start that lovely process myself :(

Back