Visual Homebrewer - Getting into it for the first time!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrimsonYellow

Reaction score
Hello All,

Glad to be a part of this community. I've worked as the marketing head for a brewpub, then as a brewery assistant (cleaning, cleaning, cleaning), helped others homebrew before as well but never have I done a recipe of my own.

Currently, living in Edinburgh and pursuing a course in brewing.

I'm planning on taking the plunge into the physical aspect of it all, this weekend. Super nervous about how it's going to turn out. I'm trying not to be so worried since I've got you guys around.

I will probably start a thread with my recipe and questions about fermentation and whatnot that I had.

Hoping to be an active part of the community, getting to know all of you and integrating into it!

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum! Newbie myself also on my 2nd brew and trying not to worry too much and enjoy the process. I did see this quote on Reddit which I try to keep in mind anytime I feel I'm worrying or overthinking it:

RDWHAHB = "Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Home Brew" - Probably the most important phrase to know, especially when starting the hobby. We will all screw something up, misunderstand a process, say something wrong, drop a pair of pliers into freshly cooled wort, and so on. "Barley wants to be beer" and yeast have been fermenting for millions of years. In the end, you'll most likely end up making beer despite your best efforts not to!

As long as you can learn from any errors and adapt for the next brew you'll enjoy it. :D

Look forward to hearing about your recipe.

Back