Wakatu hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Wooffindin

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I've just received a 100g batch of Wakatu hops and as I've never heard of them, let alone used them before, I'm looking for recipe recommendations. My current thinking is to make a pale ale with pale Irish malt, a bit of Vienna I have left, plus the usual terrified wheat I like to add. As the alpha acids are quite low, I was thinking of using some Target for littering and adding the Wakatu in stages towards the end of the boil.

If anyone has any experience of this hop, and a good recipe, I'd appreciate any feedback!

thanks in advance
Chris

They're quite European like their Hallertau parentage (floral, kinda herbal) but I also get a fair bit of lime from Wakatu. Pale ale would work but it's not a very fruity 'new world' variety. I think a New World Saison (could use the same grain bill) or a hoppy belgian pale ale or a crisp pilsner would be good.

Thanks Joel. I might go for a Saison rather than adding some citrus hops - just so I can get an idea of what it tastes like.

Latest posts

Back