• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: 1/2" hole cutter for steel.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r-evans

Reaction score
I'm sure tons of people on here have bought either a step drill bit, hole punch or similar for their steel pots. Paid over a tenner, used it once then it has been collecting dust ever since.

So, who wants to send one to me, I'll use once and then I'll send back to you? Or even better, I'll send on to the next person that requires one and we'll create a forum drill bit?

If not I'll buy one from you, but thought this was worth trying first :)

Last edited:
I'll send on to the next person that requires one and we'll create a forum drill bit?

So the original owner loses £10, this might be the last post in this thread. :laugh8:

This could work - you buy it for £9 inc postage then sell it to the next member for £8 inc postage the price drops by £1 each time it sells until it hits £0 then the next person gets it for the price of postage and from then on it does the rounds for the price of the postage.

I'll do this, if I end up having to buy one to use just once, whether it is £10 or higher, I'll offer it on here to the next person for free. Why would I hold on to something I'll probably never use again?

Just thought maybe somebody else would feel the same. Maybe not...

I'll offer it on here to the next person for free. Why would I hold on to something I'll probably never use again?

Nice gesture, I guess with most people its the probably that makes them keep it.

Just thought maybe somebody else would feel the same. Maybe not...

I sold mine when i moved to glass there may be members who still have one kicking about in a drawer somewhere ands are willing to send it.

Nice gesture, I guess with most people its the probably that makes them keep it.

If I do need again, I'll ask for it back and send on again :)

I like recycling, don't mind paying for postage if it means something gets some good use and doesn't get binned, however long down the line that may be.

Did you ever sort this?

I may have A spare in the garage I’ve liberated from somewhere over the years. I will check and report back.

If anyone has a unused half inch hole saw I could borrow I'd happily pay postage.

Cheers, Nick

Did you ever sort this?

I may have A spare in the garage I’ve liberated from somewhere over the years. I will check and report back.

Sorry, I haven't logged in for a while, I never got one.

Latest posts

Back