• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - 100g Chocolate Malt crushed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Matthews

Reaction score
Random request if anyone has some chocolate malt and is going near a post office. I could do with 100g Chocolate Malt. Want to try and make a small batch of Evil Twin and have the other malts in stock bar this one. Seems silly paying postage for a big bag when I don't have anything else to order from a home brew shop at the mo. More than happy to pay for it and the postage obviously.

Thanks peeps

Ben

I feel your pain. If you fancy a beer swap I will include 100g of chocolate malt. What beer have you got 🤔
Saying that I might not be able to post this week

Last edited:
I did reply to this but can't see it. Websites playing up? Thanks guys. I have a Belgian blonde ready and an American wheat that's 1 week into carbonation so that's a possibility? I hear the homebrew shop in Barnstaple maybe open now to go in which is a 40 min drive. I could try and do a big shop at Tesco to justify the trip? Hmm

If you have some Pale Malt why not have a go at making your own? There are a number of guides on how to make Crystal Malt on tinterweb and Chocolate Malt is a only variant on that since the kilning temperature is 'about 230*C' , rather than 'about 150*C'.

Random request if anyone has some chocolate malt and is going near a post office. I could do with 100g Chocolate Malt. Want to try and make a small batch of Evil Twin and have the other malts in stock bar this one. Seems silly paying postage for a big bag when I don't have anything else to order from a home brew shop at the mo. More than happy to pay for it and the postage obviously.

Thanks peeps

Ben

I have some out of date choc malt. DM me your address and I'll stick 100g in the post if you want it. Not had any problems with it despite being out of date.

If you have some Pale Malt why not have a go at making your own? There are a number of guides on how to make Crystal Malt on tinterweb and Chocolate Malt is a only variant on that since the kilning temperature is 'about 230*C' , rather than 'about 150*C'.
I did look into this as I thought it would be an easy way but all my malt is crushed and I think you need uncrushed to do this.

Dunno if you got sorted or not, but I can get some in the post for you tomorrow if you still need it.

Thanks Steve. My wife's gone into Barnstaple today so if she doesn't manage to get any that would be awesome thanks.

Back