• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: 20 Litre Sankey kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymotik

Reaction score
I'm after some 20 Litre Sankey (UK, S) kegs. I've used corneys before, but I prefer kegs as I've never had any CO2 leaks with them and they are hard core thick steel that will last forever!

I have 4 X 50 litre Sankeys, but a move to a smaller batch size means I'm happy to do a trade for up to a couple of the big ones. I have all the paperwork, purchased from Portinox a few years back.

Or if you've any links to a good supplier, that would help too. Cheers guys.

Good question. I'll do a YouTube video when I get a few minutes spare.

You won't believe how easy it is:
  1. Depressurise by unscrewing spear slightly, pressing the spear down speeds it up
  2. Unscrew spear and set aside
  3. Quick rinse of old muck out
  4. Add a teaspoon of cleanser, replace spear, agitate by shaking keg or rolling around the garden
  5. Rinse with clean water and inspect, usually it's all gone. It's so shiny inside, nothing sticks, even after a year
  6. If not clear, repeat step 4 but with 2 litres of boiling water. Rarely have to do this
At brewery's I think they use steam and high pressure jets.

Dead easy to fill too, just syphon into the neck.

I checked out EcoKegs, great review of all types here http://jollygoodbeer.co.uk/2015/07/16/what-keg/ @Druncan. Positive outlook from a distributor, but take up more space than a stainless keg. 30litre EcoKeg = 50litre stainless.

I think I'll stick to stainless steel as they will quite literally last forever the use I give them. You can't get more eco friendly than that :) I reckon resale value should stay high too.

Hi I'm just curious. How do you clean and sanitise the kegs and inspect to see if clean inside? and have you seen the Ecokeg plastic alternative? https://ecokeg.com/

True, you cannot beat SS!! But we have hard water so just watch for beerstone oxalate (like a calcium sponge with beasties inside) and wild yeast and contamination. I now use a Nitric acid cleaner then Caustic then paracetic final clean then dry to fill. (Brewlab found wild yeast in my beers a while ago,,,, Learned though) now back on course with my nest of 14 x 25l cornies + four ecokegs :hat:

No way, that is an awesome setup!! I'm not jealous at all hahaha

The Cornies are good, you can reach inside and clean. I've also seen adapters for your drill that swish water around and scrub.

I'm in a super soft water area, maybe that's why it's so easy for me.

Do you run a micro pub? @Druncan

@Zymotik . We have a 30 cover restaurant with HMRC Picobrewery. Somehow we have also just won the 'SIBA Best UK Craft beer Restaurant 2018' and are totally overwhelmed by this,, I have almost run out of my beer. Busy as bees, but struggling to keep up with demand,,,,, (Terrified rabbits in the headlights,,,, ) Sadly not even WG yet, but, not bad for an Extract brewer.

Hi, I have some 30 litre sanke kegs that's id be interested in exchanging, any interest?

Latest posts

Back