• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - Grainfather G30 & Conical Fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coups

Reaction score
Looking to kick start this hobby again after a few years out.

Looking for a Grainfather G30, preferably one which has been well looked after. And also a Grainfather Conical Fermenter as this set up will be in my garage and I’d need the heating in the Fermenter to keep the temp constant.

PM me if you have what I’m after and we can barter out a price and delivery or collection

Looking for a Grainfather G30, preferably one which has been well looked after. And also a Grainfather Conical Fermenter as this set up will be in my garage and I’d need the heating in the Fermenter to keep the temp constant.

PM me if you have what I’m after and we can barter out a price and delivery or collection
Have you considered buying new?

I think the reason @DavidHatton asked if you'd consider buying new is that these units (I'm more thinking the grainfather conical) rarely come up for sale second hand and when they do they don't tend to be hugely cheaper than buying new - particularly those that have been well looked after. Don't get me wrong, you might get lucky with someone looking for a quick sale but I tend to see the G30 going for around £550-600 second hand and I don't think I've ever seen one of the conicals being sold second hand.

If you're budget can't stretch to near the £1k mark you might want to consider the robobrew, hopcat, guten, klarstein copies plus a FV that can be heated etc?

If your budget isn't huge, I'd consider looking at one of the budget alternatives. Grainfathers don't seem to really depreciate in value - most on ebay go for near new price.

Brewzilla, Brewmonk and Hopcat are all cheaper machines which give you pretty much the same functionality, at a fraction of the price.

Edit: yeah, what @JonBrew said...

Deepening where you are located, there's a couple of Facebook marketplace at the moment.

I agree with the others though. There was a g30 that sold on eBay a few weeks ago for more than a new model. I'm guessing because there hasn't been new stock in the UK for a while

Yeah my budget isn’t at the £1k mark yet. I do have a plastic bucket and I could ferment in that until I get the Conical. I try to keep an eye on ebay but I haven’t tried fb marketplace. I’m in Bolton

My hopcat and conical were 550, add an inkbird for 30, a 2nd hand chest freezer for 30 and a heat belt for 15 and voila!

I have a grainfather conical fermenter for sale at the moment.. where are you located?

Latest posts

Back