• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Kveik yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradleyW

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am trying to get my hands on some kveik for brewing in the summer. I live in Spain so from the end of this month till about November it's going to be too warm to brew with most yeasts. The only website I've found a comercial kveik on is Brouwland and they want to charge 27€ just for delivery, which obviously I'm not going to pay!!
Anyway if anyone has any they wouldn't mind selling, let me know!
Thanks

I don't personally have any Kveik, but another couple of European based options which may be of use:

Humlegardens - €10.96 for liquid Voss (Sweden)

Pinta - €9.60 for liquid Voss (Italy)

Hopsi - €3.54 for dried Lallemand Voss Kveik (Slovenia)

Maschamp - €3.99 for dried Lallemand Voss Kveik (Austria)

I haven't looked into delivery costs from these suppliers, but there are a few options. I've personally used Mashcamp in the past and been happy with their service.

You could try Rolling Beers France. They do Lallemand Voss for 3 euros 50 and they will post at letter rate. They have a website in English and in French. Just set up the account and delivery address details to see if and how much. If I wanted a packet sent to me it would cost about 1,50 euros for a single pkt. 1,80 for 2 etc.
Brouwland are the biggest ripoff merchants under the sun in my experience and when it comes to delivery.

You could try Rolling Beers France. They do Lallemand Voss for 3 euros 50 and they will post at letter rate. They have a website in English and in French. Just set up the account and delivery address details to see if and how much. If I wanted a packet sent to me it would cost about 1,50 euros for a single pkt. 1,80 for 2 etc.
Brouwland are the biggest ripoff merchants under the sun in my experience and when it comes to delivery.
Great thanks! Yeah couldn't believe it when I saw the delivery cost, it literally doubled the cost of my order!!!

Do cml post to Spain?
Most of their yeasts seem to be out of stock at the moment - when I was looking at their eBay shop a couple of weeks back they only had wine yeasts left.

EDIT - it looks like they have Kviek yeast Kveik Beer Yeast Norwegian Farmhouse Ale. Home Brew Sigmund Voss Brewing (Kviek) | eBay
The listing also says “We Post Internationally too! Click "Add to Cart/Basket" to get great combined shipping. Please see the chart at the bottom of the listing for great combined rates ;-) “

Most of their yeasts seem to be out of stock at the moment - when I was looking at their eBay shop a couple of weeks back they only had wine yeasts left.

EDIT - it looks like they have Kviek yeast Kveik Beer Yeast Norwegian Farmhouse Ale. Home Brew Sigmund Voss Brewing (Kviek) | eBay
The listing also says “We Post Internationally too! Click "Add to Cart/Basket" to get great combined shipping. Please see the chart at the bottom of the listing for great combined rates ;-) “

Yes added today. Thank me later

If you can't get hold of any marketed-to-death 'kveik' any other distiller's yeast should be fine at higher fermentation temps. The reported characteristics of kveik that make hysterical fanboys go weak at the knee were most likely selected for by fermenting high gravity spud washes, to produce traditional Norwegian moonshine over generations of drunkenness to escape rural boredom amplified by abject poverty. The rest - about 99.9% - is marketing :eek:

I'm sure there's a fair bit of hype about it as you say, but if it ferments at higher temperatures it's good for me. We're already in the 30s here now and summer hasn't even properly started yet! Never heard of distillers yeast so wouldn't know where to get it from.

Hi guys, I am trying to get my hands on some kveik for brewing in the summer. I live in Spain so from the end of this month till about November it's going to be too warm to brew with most yeasts. The only website I've found a comercial kveik on is Brouwland and they want to charge 27€ just for delivery, which obviously I'm not going to pay!!
Anyway if anyone has any they wouldn't mind selling, let me know!
Thanks

I get all of my Kveik strains (farmhouse versions) from a guy I know called Tamas on another forum . Look up Yeasterbunny on eBay. He posts all over Europe.

I have some dried Ebbegarden yeast I harvested from an IPA. I've checked its still viable in another batch. I've been fermenting that at 35C. Just pm me the address and I'll get some in the post.

Latest posts

Back