warm fermentation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidHatton

Reaction score
Planning on doing a Kveik pale ale, my idea is to ferment either with the wort actually in the brew kettle as I have an ulwd element in the pot, as I want to use the kveik at the top end of its range around 38ish, alternatively I would make a water bath type thing, my false bottom sits above the element, so can hold the fermenter weight.

my question is, will the first idea work, will control the temp with the grainfather controller.
probably would only ferment for 24-36 hours or until Final gravity reading is reached.

Should I just stick with the 2nd idea as it will be easier just to lift the fermenter out when fermentation is done.

advice welcome.

I did something similar with Liberty bell. I pitched at 23C (top end of the fermentation range - ambient temp was 17C) wrapped the FV in towels and put it in my brew bag. It kept the temp for the all important 3 initial days.

I had seen a basic brewing video, I remembered they did a similar thing with olso, as a pilsner and it finished at 1010 after 48 hours.
so that was my thinking doing my 2nd attempt at juicebox, this time with more peel additions, came out not to far off the canned version. basically, possibly grain to glass in 10 days. brewed it with Ragnar last time and ferm temp was 32 and that was ready to drink in one week after bottling.

Latest posts

Back