Warm weather brew ideas?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting experiment....you'd think the yeast would bring at least a bit of saison...a stout saison sounds a bit wrong but I would have to try it ..

A ceramic tiled floor won't be any cooler than a carpeted floor or wooden floor. So, if the room temperature is 23 your FV can't go any lower.

A ceramic tiled floor won't be any cooler than a carpeted floor or wooden floor. So, if the room temperature is 23 your FV can't go any lower.
Carpet is an insulator, ceramic tiles conduct the heat away. The temperature of the ground is significantly lower than room temperature, so it works in my favour. Plus at night the room temp. is likely to drop to 15C or less. This is the north, you know, not the sub tropical southern climes!

I’ve just discovered saison yeast isn’t always that saisony. I’ve just popped my first bottle of Coopers stout that I free-fermented with Mangrove Jack French Saison yeast. It must have fermented at at least 25C as the flat rarely gets colder than that and the brew cupboard is snug.
I’m not getting much funk - the stout flavours drown it out.

I have done a saison stout before during last years heat wave, as like you my flat is always warm (new build, 2nd floor) turned out to be very tasty after a few months conditioning, different but the stout malt muted the saison yeast slightly

Carpet is an insulator, ceramic tiles conduct the heat away. The temperature of the ground is significantly lower than room temperature, so it works in my favour. Plus at night the room temp. is likely to drop to 15C or less. This is the north, you know, not the sub tropical southern climes!

LOL, as kelper is a Teuchter (Scottish Highlander) and therefore lives quite proximately to the Arctic Circle.

Latest posts

Back