Washing bottles in bath

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danmac

Regular.
Reaction score
Surely there's a quicker easier way of cleaning bottles than chucking them all in the bath

I used to load mine up in the dishwasher on the sanitise cycle. However, it did require that I had rinsed them out after using them previously. If they are caked with grime, that won't work either.

Yet another reason I moved to kegging!

I used to load mine up in the dishwasher on the sanitise cycle. However, it did require that I had rinsed them out after using them previously. If they are caked with grime, that won't work either.

Yet another reason I moved to kegging!
What temperature is sanitize cycle mine doesn't have that

Good question. I don't have that dishwasher anymore. However, I also remember just using the normal cycle plenty of times too.

Yeah, I think the key is really just making sure you are starting with relatively clean bottles. I just always got in the habit of rinsing mine out as soon as I poured them so when I went to reuse the bottles, they just needed a rinsing.

Do you know what temperature you set it too?
Mine has a 65°c wash, but even a normal wash will do if they've not been sat around with the dregs in for ages and you're using StartSan/ChemSan as well.

I always rinse my bottles straight away after use as well, it's just common sense, if you're re-using them.

Mine has a 65°c wash, but even a normal wash will do if they've not been sat around with the dregs in for ages and you're using StartSan/ChemSan as well.

I always rinse my bottles straight away after use as well, it's just common sense, if you're re-using them.
Do you rinse then starsan?

image.jpeg

I bought one of these but it does fit the kitchen or utility room taps. Does fit the garden tap so as the weather improves it'll get used.

No, I just wash them in the dishwasher and use the vinator on the day.
I'm dying to get a vinator and bottle tree but I've just spent 1500 on a new shed so the wife isn't too keen on me spending more lol

I just trust the rinse aid to do it's job. I personally haven't had any issues with head retention, but if I did a rinse out with the hot tap, left to cool and then Chemsan spray wouldn't be too much additional faff.
Do you Chuck the caps in too

Latest posts

Back