Wasp stings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's very unlucky to get stung more than once as the sting has a barb to keep it in place and the bees dies when the sting is left behind.
Oddly enough I've been stung twice by bees through clothing and neither time did the bee die or leave the sting as I pulled it out using my clothes to pull it away. The last time it happened the bee carried on spraying venom into the air some of which went on my hand and made my had sting and swell a bit like as if it had stuck the stinger in, which surprised me.

I have been fishing and European wasps have gone into the bait box and carried off maggots. If you want a real good sting try a hornet, or a Bull ant, my youngest son thought it would be a good idea to poke a stick into a Bull ant nest, until a Bull ant marched up the stick on the double and gave him a sting. Could have heard him scream all around the valley.
Centipedes are nasty critters also.

And don't all Ozzies have outdoor dunnies with black widows lurking under the seat? Getting bitten on yer bum might be preferable to somewhere else!

And don't all Ozzies have outdoor dunnies with black widows lurking under the seat? Getting bitten on yer bum might be preferable to somewhere else!
No mate that's the Red Back, not many thunder boxes left now, used to be a hoot when someone went in to tickle their **** with a piece of grass and watch them jump.
I have Red Backs in my garden they keep the mozzies under control, any where damp is a good site for them. Leave them alone and they leave you alone.
Good thing about the wasp is they keep the aphids population down.

My wife got stung by a bee on the forehead. I had to call an ambulance She's at the hospital now, her face all swollen and bruised, she almost died.

Luckily I was close enough to hit the bee with my shovel.

Last edited:
I fell into a nest of wasps when I was a young un. Had a massive hatred of them ever since. And once they start eating the rotten fermented fruit and get ******, they’re a nightmare. Bees are cool as though.

I fell into a nest of wasps when I was a young un. Had a massive hatred of them ever since. And once they start eating the rotten fermented fruit and get ******, they’re a nightmare.
Lot of them about this year. We've had to hang the wasp trap on our apple trees to save the crop from being devoured and save ourselves from drunken wasps.

There must be 100 in there at the moment. I dare not clean and refill it until night time.

We have to wear bright yellow PPE and they seem to be attracted to it, i hate the angry little barstewards.

Lot of them about this year. We've had to hang the wasp trap on our apple trees to save the crop from being devoured and save ourselves from drunken wasps.

There must be 100 in there at the moment. I dare not clean and refill it until night time.
Funnily enough, I’ve seen very few this year. Touch wood.

Back