Wasp stings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshbrewer

Out on the marshes, wailing at the moon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went out on my gravel bike today and did a few miles. Was a good boy and cut my ride short after 20 miles as I could tell the heat was fatiguing my legs and didn't want to end up with heatstroke or something. Sensible chap

Fate rewarded me by getting a wasp to fly into the vents in my helmet on the busy road I was taking as a shorter route back, and as the traffic meant I couldn't stop immediately, it stung me three times on my bald spot, which is a pretty large target to be fair, before I could get it out.

Any tips for the pain? I'm thinking several pints of beer, but my good lady is saying headache tablets. Who right?

several pints of beer,
That should do it. I'm going to have some just because of the terrifying (to me) story.
1596825372342.png
I have this one. I had a wasp under the face shield for about a half mile buzzing in my face. I didn't get stung, luckily. I'm also irrationally afraid of wasps, hornets, etc. It was a waking nightmare.

Beer.

Maybe also some form of mildly anesthetic antiseptic cream like savlon.

It must be wasp season, had one fly into an almost finished shandy yesterday and was lucky to spot it floating on top just as I was finishing the glass.

Is it vinegar you need? Something I remember about bee and wasp stings...one is acid one is alkali...you can cancel out the results with opposite..or you could smell like a chippy...

You're right @Clint about the vinegar, at least according to WebMD, but apparently you need to put it on soon after being stung, whereas I had to cycle 5 miles home first so I assumed it would be too late. It's an odd feeling when you can sense your head swelling under your helmet, lol.

I stepped on a bee a couple days ago and it hurt for days.

I try some hydrocortisone cream one evening, next day it’s started getting better.

Felt pretty bad for the bee though

I got stung on the leg about a month ago while I was out on my bike - never been stung before, it hurt like a ******* and it's still not fully healed!

Latest posts

Back