Water for GH raspberry wheat

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horners

Landlord.
Reaction score
In anticipation of warmer times, going to do Greg Hughes' raspberry wheat beer today/ tomorrow.

Do any of the forum water mavens have a suggested water profile?

I’m resurrecting the thread rather than creating a new one. I made a wheat beer base for a raspberry wheat beer today and wanted a low mineral water profile so just guessed at adding 2 ml of acid to 18 litres of mash/sparge water plus 1/2 a campden tablet. This should give me a profile of
Ca 25
Mg 7
SO4 22
Na 19
Cl 22
Alk 10.
The only change from my local water being a reduced alkalinity from 48.
I would welcome your comments please.

I'd be interested in your notes on this CC as I didn't get much feedback when I asked about Gretel, and good timing as I've just brewed up a very similar batch to yours in the 'what did you brew today' thread, and am using the same yeast (for the first time) albeit I'm going a touch higher at 25°c hoping for the banana end of the spectrum.👍

I’ve used Gretel twice before today and found it really good. I got attentions of 88% and 90% which is amazingly. As I get lowish efficiency using wheat malt at 65% this really pulls that loss back.
Todays brew is well insulated and I have no means of cooling as the brew fridge is in use so only a heat mat so I expect it to get higher than 24C.

Latest posts

Back