Water melon and peach wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just had an urge to make alcohol... So went searching for what I had in the house and found half a water melon and about 500g diced peaches in the freezer.
What could possibly go wrong?

All hacked into little bits and chucked in a pot with 3l water, a banana, 200g chopped raisins and boiled up for a bit.
Added 1kg sugar and let it cool for a few hours
Strained it through a fine mesh into a DJ and topped up with boiled water to 4.5l
Teaspoon of nutrient
Splash of citric (lemon juice)
Bit of tannin (strong tea)
Teaspoon of pectalose
SG 1105

Using some crappy Young's general wine yeast and lets see what it's like in a year!
It scratched an itch and dont actually care if it tastes ok or not....but you never know!!!
I dont think I've ever read anyone doing a water melon wine before

I keep my fridge stocked with white grape juice and apple juice for these said urges.
I did one last week and chucked in some kiwi fruits !!

Glad it’s not just me that has these ‘urges’

I keep my fridge stocked with white grape juice and apple juice for these said urges.

I've used kiwi in a turbo cider, with done leftover frozen pears and a big shot of strawberry lowitcz
Turned out fantastic after 6 months, if a little strong at 7%

Decided to get this bottles this evening, and had a sneaky taste.

WOW.
Can't really taste either of the fruits per se, but it tastes fruity and smooth.
Really very pleasant. This will get necked very happily over summer in the garden. Actually I reckon a dash of Pimm's would really go well with it.

Would you mind detailing exactly what juices...I am finding my way with "the right base juices" after a few mishaps...so any photos or advice gratefully received!

Meanwhile...I scratched my itch yesterday... Raspberry and Strawberry wines on the go!

Attachments

• Rasp.jpg
    Rasp.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 59
CCDB040C-8F00-4F03-92F1-84D8A2B1DEAF.png

Hi - key thing is to make sure you use 100% juice ... eg, not 40% natural juice and 60% water.

I get my Apple juice from Lidl and my white grape from waitrose.

Asda do a fine range of juices. I’ve had blueberry and all sorts from there.

Here is a pic of the white grape juice.

There are many recipes on this forum , follow them and swap juices around.

I experimented loads.

Hope this helps - if not keep asking !

You can use juice that is not 100% juice but you need to double up so it's more expensive than it needs to be if you don't the finished wine will have little flavour, the main thing is to make sure it has no preservative.

Just bought some Red grape juice from Asda. £1 /1L. Don't stock white grape juice.

I'm planning watermelon and rhubarb with a lime.

Just bought some Red grape juice from Asda. £1 /1L. Don't stock white grape juice.

I'm planning watermelon and rhubarb with a lime.

I’ve used the red grape from Asda loads.
Cheap as chips.

Made some right weird and wonderful turbo ciders with different juices , as well as wine.

Update to this thread, completely forgotten about this stuff and just rediscovered it at the back of the cellar. One year old!
Might crack a bottle open this weekend

Latest posts

Back