Water report North East England

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian1971

Reaction score
Hi Hoping some one can assist me trying find a water report for north east of England ts21 area .Sent an email to Northumbrian Water asking for detailed water report not sure if i will hear back from them .Just after the values for my water to add in in to brewfather .

Thanks for any assistance any one can provide .

Cheers
Ian

If you go onto the external website for Northumbrian Water, there will be a page from which you can download an approximate water profile for your postcode. As there is some connectivity within water networks, this will only be an outline.

If your water comes from reservoirs, it will typically contain very few minerals, as it will be from run-off rainfall. The main uncertainty arises where water comes predominantly from boreholes into underground aquifers.

I don't know the actual breakdown but you should be able to get an idea of that from the website as Slid suggests. However I do know that most of the North East has very soft water apart from Hartlepool which is hard, hard, hard! Don't know why.

If you go onto the external website for Northumbrian Water, there will be a page from which you can download an approximate water profile for your postcode. As there is some connectivity within water networks, this will only be an outline.

If your water comes from reservoirs, it will typically contain very few minerals, as it will be from run-off rainfall. The main uncertainty arises where water comes predominantly from boreholes into underground aquifers.

Hi Thanks for the reply found the following https://www.nwl.co.uk/globalassets/...nk-digital-documents---all-documents/T203.pdf . But unfortunately does not seem to have values i need to enter for water profile .

Longnewton reservoir is a small freshwater lake and will contain a minimal amount of the minerals you need for brewing. Just leave the values you don't have as 0 and put the rest, such as they are, into Strange Steve's water calculator.

You should hear back from them.
I got a very detailed water report from Thames Water.

Mind you that was 25yrs ago,When customer service still meant something.

Longnewton reservoir is a small freshwater lake and will contain a minimal amount of the minerals you need for brewing. Just leave the values you don't have as 0 and put the rest, such as they are, into Strange Steve's water calculator.

Thanks slid

Used the calculator on the forum this is what i got

Calcium 0
Magnesium 3.1
Sodium 12
Sulphate 70
Chloride 13
Carbonate 0

is Manganese same Magnesium used as

can not run the calculate guess need value for Carbonate ?

Entered all the values as above in to brewfather and put 0 for the ones i don't know

gave me these additions

Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) 2.46g Mash
Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) 1.34g Sparge

is this correct see other adding gypsum etc

Thanks again for you help

I live north east and we get Northumbrian water. Where do you live? I sent my water off about a year ago for a report. Happy to send this on to your if or any use. I’m assuming there won’t be much change to the water profile since the report was done

I live north east and we get Northumbrian water. Where do you live? I sent my water off about a year ago for a report. Happy to send this on to your if or any use. I’m assuming there won’t be much change to the water profile since the report was done

Hi Thanks that would be appreciated , I live in the TS21 area long newton not far from Darlington . so hopefully similar cheers mate

HI Thanks for all the assistance appreciated. The figures i used are bellow do they look correct ? Also attached a general and hoppy water profile do these look ok just before start adding chemicals .

Thanks again

Screenshot 2021-02-28 072827.jpg

General

Screenshot 2021-02-28 073115.jpg

Hoppy

Screenshot 2021-02-28 073629.jpg

Latest posts

Back