Web based scam

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you haven't provided approval to take payment from your card, it's fraud. That being the case, I believe the bank is obliged to look into it further.
Yep. Speak specifically to the fraud team, standard line grunt won't be able to help.

@Mash Monster upon looking at their site, I'm not sure it's a scam, just a trash dropshipping website. Have you contacted them? If they contact the dropshipper (this site is likely just a middleman), they may just refund you by asking. Nobody in the UK wants banks looking into transactions.

A quick check on the phone number 0321321321 for crystalcleaning.org.uk on ‘who phoned me’ has numerous entries for various companies. Many of the customers have all received cheap sunglasses instead of items ordered 🥴

Hi there, I have had issues with this company and came across this thread whilst trying to put out the word that they are scammers.
I purchased a pair of capsule making machines. I received two pairs of dodgy RayBans.
They would not provide me with a return address.
They told me if I insisted on returning the items then they would get lost in the mail and I would be left with nothing.
They were pressurising me to accept a partial refund and to keep the glasses.
After many emails back and forth, all full of sympathy for my plight and apologetic for their mistake, but essentially a delaying tactic, I contacted my card provider (TSB debit card) and they have refunded me in full.
Needless to say when crystalcleaning.org.uk got wind of this they were not well pleased and I received a few shirty emails from them.

That’s the same MO they tried with me. Lloyds TSB declined to assist me and I lost my money. Thankfully it wasn’t a great deal and other things got my attention so I just let it go. If I can’t pay by PayPal now I don’t bother anymore . I’m glad you got reimbursed by your bank 👍🏼

I am sorry that you lost your money. Sounds like we have the same bank!!!?
From what I've found out, this is a relatively new website. My order was #16. They also deploy somekind of VPN which should sound sirens to buyers, but alas we do not see this upfront and even the most suspicious of us can still be had by the dangle of a well aimed fly.
I was, and I pride myself on having not previously succumbed.
We all know the 'If it's too good to be true' mantra. I should have seen this for what it was. But I didn't. The deal was just within the bounds of authenticity.
WRONG.

Hi Monster mash.

About November I bought some make up for my daughter for Xmas £70.00 worth and after a good few weeks when it arrived it was fake. I paid by Debit card and contacted my bank.

On my banks website it says if you think youve been scammed do not give them your bank details. I told the bank this and I did not contact the seller as Iwas worried Id be scammed further. I had to get a letter from the genuine company saying they had nothing to do with this site and confirming they were fake goods. My bank done a charge back which they have 60 days to contest.

Last week I got my cash back.

If I were you Id report to the police and get a crime no.

buddsy

Another scam to be aware of is a text message purporting to be from PayPal. It says ‘We have limited your account due to safety concerns. Please visit https://blah blah blah .com before we are forced to suspend services. Don’t open the link.

The PayPal one has been posted in the snug a few times I get regular emails from them with that message I no longer have a card registered with PayPal so they all now go straight into spam.

Latest posts

Back