Weights for hop bag

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot until recently, I bought a stainless steel giant tea infuser which I have used a couple of times but couldn't get it to sink. Benefit of that is you can reuse it and it can be boiled or oven cooked to sanitise.

I'm gonna try some dry hopping again, I plan on making a sorachi ace saison and will dry hop with some pellets.

Use SS spoons !!! so much cheaper from the cutlery drawer
I forgot until recently, I bought a stainless steel giant tea infuser which I have used a couple of times but couldn't get it to sink. Benefit of that is you can reuse it and it can be boiled or oven cooked to sanitise.

I'm gonna try some dry hopping again, I plan on making a sorachi ace saison and will dry hop with some pellets.

Ok I just weighed my spoons and my balls (while brewing a red ipa)! Each teaspoon is 25g one ball is 65g. I used 2 balls and it dropped my giant tea infuser similar to jceg's like a lead weight, I would imagine one ball would easily be enough for 50-100g of dry hop. I would need 5 teaspoons to equal the weight of 2 balls, that makes for more cleaning and sanitizing and more missing teaspoons for a week. Either would definitely work but I'm ok with dropping £5 for a little less cleaning.

Latest posts

Back