WEIRDEST WINE EVER MADE?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is the very top section on a growing plant tendral. its the folded leaf bud and top four open leaves. in old english the top two inches. i used to describe it as the top leaves soft and tender. if the leave has sharp or rughness to it is to old for use. you should be able to clean off a bucket load extreamly quickly and without thorns biting you. they taste when boiled as if its mixed with the berries. slight and faint but fruit back taste

Thanks man. I've seen recipes with them in and always found it confusing.

There is tiny pin sharp thorns on the leaves, stem and tips on brambles, the best tips of the plant are so fresh the tips are still soft andd not hard

Gallons of it, i have also done;
oak leaf
nettle
ash leaf
brich leaf
beech
bramble tip
strawberry leaf, mint and dried herbs and roots
all known uk teas in bags and boxes and a huge amount of loose leaf

everyone hears of brich sap but you can also try
ash sap, oak sap, walnut sap, willow sap beech sap.

parsnip wine is not a great wine but its done to prove your wine making skill set. its used as a test piece wine. most fail at it due to lack of skill sets. roots you can also try potatoe, turnip, sweede, sugar beet, mangol and carrot and a far few others, sugar beet is harder to get hold of depending on your location. mangols are a wesh thing for me to get hold of.

lettuce -done but an utter waste of time,
celery -done but an utter waste of time,
tomatoe -done but an utter waste of time
marrow is just an utter waste of every thing and tastes of nothing
gerkin wine -is a better taste, but still awlfull
I have made a parsnip wine a number of times and it is gorgeous. Tatses like a sherry Parsnip Wine Recipe - Complex & Sherry-like White Wine

Anyone ever done Oak leaf wine ?
My first attempt at this didn't work, but I had another try last year, have just bottled it and remembered your post. I will definitely try this one again next year, a good bouquet, colour and a lasting flavour.

I think my mistake the first time may have been that I left it a little late, the 2nd batch was with leaves which were not the acid green, neither the full-blown darker green.

If you have a go, do let me know how it goes.

Just racked a gallon of Celery wine, which to my surprise tasted of celery! I like cooking with it, but I don't like it in wine. For comparison, I also racked a raisin wine which tasted good after 2 months, so after a year in storage it should be delicious. Perhaps I should stick to fruit wines. I also have some beetroot on the go, so I hope it doesn't turn out like Chateau Topsoil asad1

Just racked a gallon of Celery wine, which to my surprise tasted of celery! I like cooking with it, but I don't like it in wine. For comparison, I also racked a raisin wine which tasted good after 2 months, so after a year in storage it should be delicious. Perhaps I should stick to fruit wines. I also have some beetroot on the go, so I hope it doesn't turn out like Chateau Topsoil asad1
Never tried beetroot, but I've heard it can be good. Rhubarb wine is great and it can be fragranced with flowers or herbs. @hedgerowpete suggested parsnip wine isn't very good, but I thoroughly made the batch I made some millions of years ago.

Tomato wine made by a member many moons ago i wonder if it was ever drinkable -

1677358204565.png

If you have any celery left, try putting it aside for a year or two. I didn't like mine Year 1, but by Year 3 it was really rather pleasant.

Latest posts

Back