WEIRDEST WINE EVER MADE?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bando

Reaction score
I really want to know what's the weirdest strangest ingredients you've ever made a wine with? Strange herbs, spices, vegetables?
Really curious please let me know

Wurzels Orange Wine the first wine i ever made and it was awful.
This was the original orange juice wine before WOW became the common abbreviation used for all supermarket juice wines.

Wurzels Orange Wine the first wine i ever made and it was awful.
This was the original orange juice wine not what turned out later to be the common abbreviation used for all supermarket juice wines - WOW
I have been meaning to try an 100% orange juice wine, might opt for teaco 100% cold pressed clementine juice instead tho that sounds like it would make something better

I have been meaning to try an 100% orange juice wine, might opt for teaco 100% cold pressed clementine juice instead tho that sounds like it would make something better

The original Wurzels Orange Wine used 1 litre of orange juice and a litre of white grape juice then WGJ became rarer than hens teeth and we all switched to Red grape juice.

The original Wurzels Orange Wine used 1 litre of orange juice and a litre of white grape juice then WGJ became rarer than hens teeth and we all switched to Red grape juice.
Is there a reason white went extinct? I've not seen any even online really

Made some leek wine about 4 years ago.
I had a glut of leeks, and was regularly taking them in to work for anyone that wanted them.
My boss said "Why don't you make some wine with them?"
So, I did!
I've got 2 Dj's full of it. Looks really nice - deep golden colour, and perfectly clear.
It actually doesn't taste too bad - I think it would even be good to cook with.
I just can't bring myself to bottle it!

I had a glut of leeks, and was regularly taking them in to work for anyone that wanted them.
So, I did!
I've got 2 Dj's full of it. Looks really nice - deep golden colour, and perfectly clear.
Bottle it and post a picture! Sounds awful but then again flavour changes dramatically with fermentation

Milk.
Added yeast and lactose enzymes to milk and fermented it.
Resulted in an alcoholic cottage cheese floating in alcoholic whey.
To be honest, Ugandan banana gin was better.

Milk.
Added yeast and lactose enzymes to milk and fermented it.
Resulted in an alcoholic cottage cheese floating in alcoholic whey.
To be honest, Ugandan banana gin was better.
You, my friend, are a terrible person😅 that is awful, there's a recipe that dates around the time of Mead that is meant to be good, you make cheese by heating milk with lemon juice remove the cheese and add honey to the whey water stuff im gonna make it next week but have no idea if I dare try it after

Christmas Pudding Wine is gorgeous, made this years batch back in April ready for the winter.

Tastes like Madeira/Sherry/port.

Pumpkin Wine is gross lol
So is Passata Wine.

Guava Wine is one of this years favourites, along with Lychee.

So, I did!
Similarly had a glut of vegetable marrows this year. Looked up recipes and they all say add lemons oranges and ginger, but how can you taste the marrow over that lot? So it's got a teaspoonful of citric acid as the only additive. If it needs it when I come to rack it, I might add a bit of tannin by soaking a teabag.
My expectations are not high on this one, but what the hell.

Christmas Pudding Wine is gorgeous, made this years batch back in April ready for the winter.

Tastes like Madeira/Sherry/port.

Pumpkin Wine is gross lol
So is Passata Wine.

Guava Wine is one of this years favourites, along with Lychee.
Where are you getting your guava and lychee, everywhere I've looked would result in it costing about a tenner a bottle

Similarly had a glut of vegetable marrows this year. Looked up recipes and they all say add lemons oranges and ginger, but how can you taste the marrow over that lot? So it's got a teaspoonful of citric acid as the only additive. If it needs it when I come to rack it, I might add a bit of tannin by soaking a teabag.
My expectations are not high on this one, but what the hell.
That’s like one of those gimmicky ones surely? Like lettuce wine or celery lol

Latest posts

Back