Welsh National Comp 2018

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone downloaded their score sheets and they were hard to read, try again. Sarah rescanned them all, with different settings. contrast etc much better now.

Dan - some good scores there. Sorry for beating you by a point on the IPA category.....

Standard was very good this year. From the tables I judged, I got very few flaws indeed. The homebrew scene, I think down to forums like this, and youtube etc is getting stronger every year.

If anyone downloaded their score sheets and they were hard to read, try again. Sarah rescanned them all, with different settings. contrast etc much better now.

Dan - some good scores there. Sorry for beating you by a point on the IPA category.....

Standard was very good this year. From the tables I judged, I got very few flaws indeed. The homebrew scene, I think down to forums like this, and youtube etc is getting stronger every year.

The new re-scanned version is spot on.
Congrats for both your wins :hat: enjoy your brewday at Mad Dog athumb..
Did either of them do well in the BOS? I was too busy celebrating & missed that bit of the live stream.
I'll be back next year, with a hopefully improved version of the AIPA :cheers3:

I'm not sure how long they lasted in the BOS. I think they were eliminated fairly quickly TBH. I could not have stood the tension if I was watching! I was elsewhere with a beer lol.

I was well chuffed when a couple of prizes arrived with my medal haul today :laugh8:
what_do_points_make.jpg

I'm re-brewing the bitter I entered next (using the challenger I won athumb..), with a few tweaks based on judges notes.
As I'm keen to get some feedback on the changes I'm planning, I emailed one of the judges from the comp to ask if I could send them a bottle to review - he was happy to oblige, so I thought this may be a useful thing for others comp entrants to try if they're in a similar situation.
The more feedback the merrier as far as I'm concerned, so if anyone fancies a bottle swap when its ready let me know.
:cheers3:

I was well chuffed when a couple of prizes arrived with my medal haul today :laugh8:
View attachment 15973

I'm re-brewing the bitter I entered next (using the challenger I won athumb..), with a few tweaks based on judges notes.
As I'm keen to get some feedback on the changes I'm planning, I emailed one of the judges from the comp to ask if I could send them a bottle to review - he was happy to oblige, so I thought this may be a useful thing for others comp entrants to try if they're in a similar situation.
The more feedback the merrier as far as I'm concerned, so if anyone fancies a bottle swap when its ready let me know.
:cheers3:

Hmm nice torch.

Congrats for both your wins :hat: enjoy your brewday at Mad Dog athumb..

update on this: the brewday at Mad Dog took place earlier in the year. I learned a lot. Including I won't be giving up the day job to go pro, cause it was 5 days till my back recovered. It's hard work! anyhow the finished product, "Dippy Kitty" is now available in bottles in South Wales and the keg version should be available at Craft Beer Rising this week, so pop to the Mad Dog stand if you are going!

It was interesting to compare the pro brew version to my homebrew, but they are very similar! i'm really pleased with it, and it has been getting some good feedback so far.

Latest posts

Back