Welsh National Homebrew Competition 2017

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entered my Dubbel but not paid. If I enter my Citra saison in the mixed styles category, which styles should I say I’ve mixed? Saison and APA?

I thought I'd be able to edit the entries after I paid and change style/name later, but apparently not.
So I'm entered for an APA and an AAA :cheers7:

Dan - you totally should be able to edit entry, looks like it's not working. i'll contact the organiser now. they update this website software each year, and looks like there are a few bugs.

Mick - mixed styles. What I would say, it does it really need a mixed style? in my experience the mixed or experimental are often hard to judge and don't tend to do that well. can you just enter as a saison? sure it might have more US style hop character than usual, but entering something that is a little different from the others may work in your favour. read the 2015 BJCP style guide carefully, and avoid mixed if you can would be my advice. they are really intended for styles SO far from standard, is my reading of it.

Dan - you totally should be able to edit entry, looks like it's not working. i'll contact the organiser now. they update this website software each year, and looks like there are a few bugs.

Mick - mixed styles. What I would say, it does it really need a mixed style? in my experience the mixed or experimental are often hard to judge and don't tend to do that well. can you just enter as a saison? sure it might have more US style hop character than usual, but entering something that is a little different from the others may work in your favour. read the 2015 BJCP style guide carefully, and avoid mixed if you can would be my advice. they are really intended for styles SO far from standard, is my reading of it.
You posted this while I was researching. Thanks for that, I’ll enter as a saison.

You posted this while I was researching. Thanks for that, I’ll enter as a saison.

yeah, I think that's the right call. where possible, enter to a style. pretty much all beers should be able to be made to fit somewhere other than mixed/experimental. and like I said, it may work in your favour if it stands out a little from the norm. now you may get a judge who judges every Saison like it should be a clone of Saison Dupont and doesn't read the guidelines carefully. It happens. But hey, its a bit of a roll of the dice these comps, with so many factors coming into play! good luck!

I thought I'd be able to edit the entries after I paid and change style/name later, but apparently not.
So I'm entered for an APA and an AAA :cheers7:

This was a bug in the website and should now be fixed. Try again, you should be able to edit!

Latest posts

Back