Wet Leg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your views.

• I like it.

• Not my cup of tea.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had never heard of them until a few minutes ago but apparently according to those that know these things they are going to be massive, have a listen and see what you think.

Is your muffin buttered?
Would you like us to assign someone to butter your muffin?

Is your mother worried?
Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?

I thought it was some UK-specific slang at first.
I liked it well enough, catchy presentation but could do without all the sexual innuendo. I prefer to judge a group by their live performances though so I'll hold off final judgement.
There was an 80s element to it; loosely reminded me of Romeo Void - Never Say Never
Edit: Watched it again. There's a much better example than the one above regarding what the song is similar to but I can't think of it.

Last edited:
I had never heard of them until a few minutes ago but apparently according to those that know these things they are going to be massive, have a listen and see what you think.

Is your muffin buttered?
Would you like us to assign someone to butter your muffin?

Is your mother worried?
Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?

I like it. Reminds of Electric Six - Gay Bar.

This made me laugh when reading the comments -

G. Rathbone
G. Rathbone
1 month ago
The cottage core lesbians have finally discovered punk music. Today is a glorious day.

Aisling Kenny
Aisling Kenny
5 days ago
As a cottagecore lesbian, we’ve always known about punk... just took a while to get the lekky set up in our cabin communes so we could get that bassline right!

Video of theirs out a week ago called, "Wet Dream." Still have the same thought--could do without the over the top sexual innuendo. I think they're hyper-talented. They would be great without the sex themes--think Game of Thrones where people would still love it even if there were zero sex scenes. We'll see where they go from here.
The tune is catchy and I'm glad @Chippy_Tea put it on the radar.

The dead beat melody line reminds me a bit of Flying Lizards' I want Money, but that's it. Can't find anything to commend it apart from the kung foo hat girl dancing in the background. Take away the video and there's really not a lot there. Two-a-penny, Lower Sixth Music coursework effort in my opinion.

Give me the 1998 World Cup Squad, Vindaloo Song any day for a bit of real class!

Last edited:
If you like bands as Wet Leg, you should listen To Marc Riley on BBC Radio 6Music. Lots of great music including live sessions and interviews.

Latest posts

Back