Wetherspoons Leader Does it Again

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Reaction score
In the news today that the chief No1 Gammon Tim Martin (owner of "spoons" fame) is now not going to be paying his staff for the time the pubs are shut, cant say if they will claim any money from the government for furlowed worker scheme.

And now he says "you better get a job in Tesco". I knew this guy was a bit crazy but seriously.....

Wetherspoon boss tells staff get a job at Tesco

Rodcx500z

Landlord.
Reaction score
I don't think he meant it as the bbc are making out, he is saying if you want to take a job while we are closed feel free, keep the food chain going then come back when its over, i hate this kind ******** reporting

Rodcx500z

Landlord.
Reaction score
In the news today that the chief No1 Gammon Tim Martin (owner of "spoons" fame) is now not going to be paying his staff for the time the pubs are shut, cant say if they will claim any money from the government for furlowed worker scheme.

And now he says "you better get a job in Tesco". I knew this guy was a bit crazy but seriously.....

Wetherspoon boss tells staff get a job at Tesco
Pardon my ignorance Hoddy whats a gammon

the baron

Landlord.
Reaction score
this is what wiki says
In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe white middle-aged or older men on the political right or who supported Brexit.The term refers in particular, to the colour of such a person's flushed face, especially when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.

Jason42

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he meant it as the bbc are making out, he is saying if you want to take a job while we are closed feel free, keep the food chain going then come back when its over, i hate this kind ******** reporting
I totally agree with your point Rodcx500z, but he is still a complete tool.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ignoring the “go to Tesco” stuff, he’s still one of the richest men in the U.K. yet refusing to pay staff who will be earning living wage at best until the government pay a grant in what could be as long as a month and a half’s time.

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance Hoddy whats a gammon
Quote "Members of the British left have been invoking the hearty cut – routinely served with a fried egg and chips or a limp pineapple ring – as an insult with which to describe red-faced conservative men and Ukippers ranting about Brexit. "

Rodcx500z

Landlord.
Reaction score
Quote "Members of the British left have been invoking the hearty cut – routinely served with a fried egg and chips or a limp pineapple ring – as an insult with which to describe red-faced conservative men and Ukippers ranting about Brexit. "

Ah i get it, is this the opposit of lovy dovy snowflake :laugh8::laugh8::laugh8: i like it

lancon

Reaction score
Having ones cake and eating it
JD Wetherspoon has said it does not intend to pay money owed to its suppliers until after its pubs reopen following the coronavirus crisis.

In an email sent to suppliers and seen by Footprint, the pub chain said: “We are asking for a moratorium on payments, until the pubs reopen, at which point we intend to clear outstanding payments, within a short timeframe.”

Group Builder