What a find!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petrolhead

Regular.
Reaction score
A month or two back I fancied trying the famous Yellow Belly but despite searching the internet everyone seemed out of stock.

Well on Sunday I was sat in our local off license, you can drink you purchase on site great place, drinking an indifferent Normandy cidre when my eye caught that famous distinctive bottle. To my delight they had six bottles on the shelf, just lying there! so I bought two bottles severely stretching the bank and I am now trying to work out when and how I should drink them.

Happy days.....

That's why you order loads of other stuff too. Although it quickly adds up.

I know. That's what I initially set out to do but stopped when I realised that I had over £30 worth of beer in my cart that amounted to only a handful of beers when all I really wanted was a Yellow Belly.

Their new version of YB, Coward, is over £10 for a 440ml can :eek:

What a find!!!
Just picked up half a dozen cans of VERTIGO American double IPA by Noble Rey Brewing Co. (Dallas Texas). As I'd never heard of them I did a bit of research and see they've stopped brewing as of April 1st pending new owner taking over.
In the meantime, the founders and head brewer have done a deal with a Nantes (44) brewery to make their stuff under licence in France.
Is Vertigo any good? It's gorgeous. It's not Pliny the Elder, but it's worth every centime of the 0.79 euros per can I paid for it in Noz, Redon.
If you're watching the thread, Dutto, get down there and pick up the dozen or so cans I left behind. They don't close until 7.30 and you won't be disappointed. Having downed two at 8% abv, I consider myself hors de combat otherwise I'd be down there myself.

I know. That's what I initially set out to do but stopped when I realised that I had over £30 worth of beer in my cart that amounted to only a handful of beers when all I really wanted was a Yellow Belly.

Their new version of YB, Coward, is over £10 for a 440ml can :eek:

It's funny how you struggle to justify buying 6 world class beers for £40 online but will spend far more on a night out, drinking pints of mediocre shyte.

You’re right Phildo79 and I could have saved a £1 a bottle but that little thrill when I saw it on the shelf was worth at least 99p

It's funny how you struggle to justify buying 6 world class beers for £40 online but will spend far more on a night out, drinking pints of mediocre shyte.

That's a fair point but I don't do that any more either (and haven't done for a long time). Nowadays, if it's between that kind of money on buying 6 great beers or homebrew supplies, I'd rather spend it on the latter.

I know what you mean. I have become ultra fussy when it comes to buying beer. I find myself brewing more often just so I have at least one keg of good beer in the fridge, should my Saturday supermarket run yield no positive results.

Back