What about this for the name of a pub?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was this in Phillack, Cornwall? We went there once in early September to be told that there was no food as the season had ended. While we sat and enjoyed our crisps and Proper Job at least four other groups came in asking for food and we told the same thing.

Should have just gone Philps and got yourself a pasty. wink...

Legend has it they found a dismembered body in the well years ago. Quite a nice pub, had my daughters christening in the church next door.

Reactions: HSD
from a pub POV the pelican is a strong image to work with for branding purposes.
The Pelican Inn in Gloucester does an excellent pint:
Screenshot 2021-08-14 at 14.24.59.png

Where I used to live near a council estate on the unfashionable side of Cheltenham, the local was called the Goat and Bicycle. I only dared go in there once…
Funnily enough, I used to go to a pub in Bournemouth called The Goat and Tricycle, a Wadsworth tied house. Not a bad pub but some very dodgy hostelries nearby in The Triangle. Definitely not the place to drop your wallet.

That's an inspiring picture! How about we all meet up Friday evening, sink eight pints of our preferred bev and then have a side-saddle cycling race around the car park. Back in for another gallon and the winner doesn't pay for his...

1629130365487.png

... or hers.

Last edited:
Pub in Manchester called the Temple of Convenience, its an old underground toilet. My friend introduced the head brewer from Hydes to it. His comment was I have been in many pubs that have turned out to be a toilet but this is the first time I've been in one that actually thinks it's a pub!

Pub in Manchester called the Temple of Convenience, its an old underground toilet. My friend introduced the head brewer from Hydes to it. His comment was I have been in many pubs that have turned out to be a toilet but this is the first time I've been in one that actually thinks it's a pub!

I've been there, I think. I remember a flight of stairs and a long, narrow bar.

No,it's an small bar, the urinals or was are alcoves in which you can sit down and drink, they still have the loos two of them M and F.

Obviously all said tongue in cheek, but these would be some id consider if I opened my own pub:

The home-life dodger
The Bull & china shop
The politician & mistress

Latest posts

Back