What are you brewing for Christmas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cestrian

Regular.
Reaction score
Almost last orders for getting a brew on for Christmas. I'm planning on getting a Bock and a Schwarzbier on at some point over the next week. Should be ready just in time if I just lager for a week or two!

What's everyone else got on for the festive period?

Iv had a Greg Highes Christmas Ale conditioning for 40 days not. Sampled it the other day and it's good. For my personal tastes I would like the slices to mellow out further in the next month before I touch it again but pretty happy with it. I also have grain for a stout but cant see me getting that on in time tbh.

Earlier this week I had my order in from the Homebrew Company (so Brexit should have settled down one way or another by the time I need the next one)
Plan for this morning is to brew a Greg Hughes milk stout. Last time it was gorgeous. Should be just ready for Christmas.

I have a milk stout made with Golden Grahams and an oatmeal pale ale with CTZ and El Dorado both of these are around 6% abv. My next brew will be a spicy ginger ale (my own recipe, which is kind of a cross between a cider and a ginger ale) and I'll keep this to around 4% for easy drinking.

That'll be my 3 kegs full for Crimbo, then

Iv had a Greg Highes Christmas Ale conditioning for 40 days not. Sampled it the other day and it's good. For my personal tastes I would like the slices to mellow out further in the next month before I touch it again but pretty happy with it. I also have grain for a stout but cant see me getting that on in time tbh.
Slices of what...?

I did the Greg Hughes Xmas ale back in June, but left the candi sugar out to keep the abv reasonable, sampled a couple of weeks ago and it’s good, very subtle spices slightly dominated by the star anise

I did the Greg Hughes Xmas ale back in June, but left the candi sugar out to keep the abv reasonable, sampled a couple of weeks ago and it’s good, very subtle spices slightly dominated by the star anise

I did the Christmas Ale and the Winter Warmer at the end of October. I need something fruity and sessionable for the missus, hopefully I didn't balls up the galaxy SMaSH I did yesterday and she can guzzle that through the silly season.

Mocha milk stout 6.30% abv. 250g lactose, 125g filter coffee, 125g of cacao nibs into secondary (21l). Bottled a week ago 3g of priming sugar. Waiting’s killing me.

Had a 10% barley wine in a keg since February - planning to bottle this week. Also bought a tinsel toes kit to do as have a real case of all grain fatigue at the moment and figured this was my best chance to get something festive churned out.

Supping bitter will be my Pendles Witch clone which has been cold crashing for a few days and will hopefully get kegged today to free up my 'best' FV for the above.

I'm thinking of doing either Sierra Nevada celebration ale clone (from the BYO big book) as we, wife and I are expecting our first any day now or my life finds a way amber (hops that match my dads initials, 1st Christmas without dad) or a black IPA version of life finds a way. Probably wont be truly ready for christmas but if I get time and use Kviek yeast then I might be able to have a cheeky tester over christmas

Plan is to make an impy stout and sit it on oak chips soaked in spiced rum for a bit. Problem is I'm starting way too late for this Christmas.

Plus side is I've still got a few of last years' imperial wheat beer left, not sure on the abv as it was brewed to 10% and then I added raisins and candied peel soaked in brandy so that will have added a ton of extra sugar and upped things a tad - hence it's called Mince Pie-Eyed.

I have a black forest stout on the go. Just racked 19 litres to secondary onto 680g roasted cacao nibs. This is the first time I have used things like cherry puree and cacao so I am really keen to see how I turns out

All brewed though other have other stuff on for next year.

I have a Festival Belgian Dubbel maturing will start drinking this around Christmas and try to make it last as it's quite strong. Currently have a Porter on draught which will get replaced with a Festival Father Hook's Bitter after. I'm also going to be sampling my back catalogue of bottles, a pro and con of Corny kegs being 19L as opposed to 23L, pro meaning I have a load of bottled beer now, con was having to put it in a bottle in the first place 😃

All brewed though other have other stuff on for next year.

I have a Festival Belgian Dubbel maturing will start drinking this around Christmas and try to make it last as it's quite strong. Currently have a Porter on draught which will get replaced with a Festival Father Hook's Bitter after. I'm also going to be sampling my back catalogue of bottles, a pro and con of Corny kegs being 19L as opposed to 23L, pro meaning I have a load of bottled beer now, con was having to put it in a bottle in the first place 😃

I just brew everything for 21L in FV now and hopefully get 19L in keg before I reach sediment. Given up trying to squeeze every last pint out by filling a handful of bottles etc.

Back