What are you doing this new years eve.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Moving into tier 4 hasn't really changed our plans as we normally stay at home however my Son will probably now spend it with us instead of going to his girlfriends families house which was planned.

SWMBO puts a nice buffet on so we can eat and drink all night (plenty of booze in the fridge) but we don't normally start until later or neither of us would see the new year in, i used to be able to drink for England i am a right wuss now, getting old is a bitch. :laugh8:

Have your plans changed due to Covid, what were/are you doing?

Last edited:
Got some lamb marinated in yogurt, tandoori paste,chilli,coriander,garam massala and lemon juice..it'll go on the BBQ soon,then I'll thrash up a madras sauce with onions, garlic,ginger, chillies and some spices and base gravy and put it on low in the oven or maybe the slow cooker.

No drinks Clint. ;)

I am hoping to have an amazing night like, filled with games drinking laughter kareoke singing barn dancing banter probably tears at some point too!!... shame I will be by myself.

Sorry to hear that Rich when you have family at home its easy to forget this awful virus has really screwed up a lot of peoples plans and we all don't live with our partners etc, i hope you make the most of it tonight and can have a New Years Eve night in the near future with your partner when we are safe to do so.

I am drinking my beer, currently on a greg hughes Biere de Garde, that came out at 6.6% (blimey!!) , then a takeaway, probably in bed before midnight, full and merry.

Got some lamb marinated in yogurt, tandoori paste,chilli,coriander,garam massala and lemon juice..it'll go on the BBQ soon,then I'll thrash up a madras sauce with onions, garlic,ginger, chillies and some spices and base gravy and put it on low in the oven or maybe the slow cooker.

This sounds delicious, tomorrow I am following some misty ricardo recipes (whom I have seen you mention ...I think)

big batch of base gravy
onion paste
chicken tikka
then I'll be making chicken tikka jalfrezi

All misty ricardo

Chinese takeaway pre ordered.
1 keg of my Frankenstein Keller Bier (odds and sods of leftover grain), 1 corny of a nice simple stout, several bottles of a Maris Otter Citra Smash and half a bottle of Manchester gin. I won’t consume it all of course, but I fully intend to finish all of the mince pies and cheese still left over before the diet starts tomorrow.... Or the day after. Viewing will be ‘The Americans’ on Amazon Prime then whatever looks good until bedtime.

I am drinking my beer, currently on a greg hughes Biere de Garde, that came out at 6.6% (blimey!!) , then a takeaway, probably in bed before midnight, full and merry.

This sounds delicious, tomorrow I am following some misty ricardo recipes (whom I have seen you mention ...I think)

big batch of base gravy
onion paste
chicken tikka
then I'll be making chicken tikka jalfrezi

All misty ricardo
I’m just waiting for Malt Miller to get Biscuit malt back in stock so I can do a batch of the GH Biere De Garde, so happy to see someone has had success with that recipie.

Being a strange year all round.

I’m just waiting for Malt Miller to get Biscuit malt back in stock so I can do a batch of the GH Biere De Garde, so happy to see someone has had success with that recipe.

Being a strange year all round.

You had me picking my greg hughes book up then because I was certain I didn't use biscuit malt. IIRC get,er,brewed didn't have biscuit malt so I pimped the recipe a bit

64% bohemian pilsner
20% Munich malt
13% vienna
3% melanoidin

Nothing. Might have a clearout of old paperwork. Have a pint or two. Go to bed.

I am hoping to have an amazing night like, filled with games drinking laughter kareoke singing barn dancing banter probably tears at some point too!!... shame I will be by myself.
Hi Rich i didn't mean the emoji in a bad way i genuinly feel for people on their own in all this ***** of a year athumb..

You had me picking my greg hughes book up then because I was certain I didn't use biscuit malt. IIRC get,er,brewed didn't have biscuit malt so I pimped the recipe a bit

64% bohemian pilsner
20% Munich malt
13% vienna
3% melanoidin
Might try your version and sub in Melanoidin for biscuit if they don’t have it back in before I place my next order, need something to keep me occupied in Tier 4.

As for tonight I am starting off with a wee glass of Mead.

IMG_20201231_163213.jpg

Lamb on! Sauce nearly done...it must be beer o'clock!

I will be having a few (more) beers, reminisce about the good parts of 2020 (there's 2 mins I wont get back) finish the evening off with a couple of JD's and Coke (cola not drugs 😬 ) and bed before 12. The only Goodyear I had was on the car this morning as I had a slow puncture that couldn't be fixed.

I'm not one for new year...we've had "guests" every year for as long as I can remember. Tonight it's just us four..which I'm enjoying already!
It's just me for curry so that was easy to sort out.. usually cooking for more with the house like a bomb site by midnight.

We’ve got far too much party food for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 5 and 6.
1609436090570.png

Everyone has their PJs on already except me, and we are introducing the kids to the Back to the Future trilogy, watching tonight’s World’s Strongest Man highlights and then Jools Holland or whatever else is on (is Jackie Bird on this year?). We’ll probably all go to bed straight after the bells this year.

Latest posts

Back