What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS. This is a thread about beer.

BEER, and perhaps other lovely alcoholic beverages.

Go start a math thread guys.:laugh8:

The missus complained about the circular stains on the table after I had put a homebrew bottle on it. So I bottled the next (small) batch in square bottles. She was not amused, but it was worth the purchase :laugh8:

The missus complained about the circular stains on the table after I had put a homebrew bottle on it. So I bottled the next (small) batch in square bottles. She was not amused, but it was worth the purchase :laugh8:

How many square stains fit inside a round one? :?:

I have a night out tonight so these are tomorrow's drinkies.

I went into M&S to get 2 bottles of the Hacker-Pschorr beers (lovely German beer with a free swing top bottle), but discovered they sell the Westmalle Dubbel and I got a little excited.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 88

:clap:

Blackberry stout that is basically a bottled volcano. It seriously took 20 minutes to degas with a corner opened and the bottle stood in a glass to catch the spume. All the yeast are suspended and it's cloudy (it was so pretty before opening - a subtle purple rinse like Blanche's hair, bless her soul) so the taste is a little tart, but behind it you can't taste the backbone of a beer that would actually be pretty nice if I weren't so rubbish.

I actually opened it to braise beef in to make a steak and kidney pie, but it turns out I ate the beef a fortnight ago so I'm trying to think what the hell else I can use. Chicken and kidney pie sounds weird, as you'd expect chicken to have a white sauce, but devilled kidneys use cream so maybe it's not game over.

After checking, I'm having chicken and kidney pie. Alone.

Yesterday, I took a bottle of SMASH (MO & Citra) out of the fridge, where it and its mates have been carbonating for two weeks, and left it to cool down overnight.

Today, it was obviously still green and cloudy but if it is a sign of things to come then "WOW!" Hoppy with orange and grapefruit flavours and not too much in the form of bitterness.

I will now leave its mates to condition on the shelves until mid June before really getting stuck into them. :thumb1:

Very last of the Riggwelter clone bottled 1st October 2017. My, oh, my is this a fine beer.

Plus a cheeky bottle of a Cornish Tin Miners Ale that was bottled 3rd Feb. I got very good efficiency on this one and it turned out very strong indeed at over 6%. Tasted slightly green, but very promising

Pint of my disappointing IPA, a bottle of commercial old peculier that I had left, then I nipped out into the rain to the garage and got a bottle of my 'kitsters last stand' old ale. It's amazing, even though I do say so myself.

A stupid pint of way over carbed Xmas cider
Took 2 hours to open ... but man it tastes good.
Not feeling very proud ... but smug !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rare time I buy in beers. 1st of a selection tonight:

View attachment 13055

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snap.

I only tried a Dubbel for the first time over Christmas but it’s becoming one of my favourite styles. I’m going to have a go at one as one of my next few brews!

Attachments

• 04C98A8E-D737-4F89-8D1D-E9288FC94F80.jpeg
    04C98A8E-D737-4F89-8D1D-E9288FC94F80.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 92
Snap.

I only tried a Dubbel for the first time over Christmas but it’s becoming one of my favourite styles. I’m going to have a go at one as one of my next few brews!
This is one phenomenal beer! Dubbel is definitely on my “to brew” list!

Was cleaning up some old boxes with empty bottles (or so I thought) and found 6 bottles and a taster of Radical Brewing's Robust Porter, 6 months old.
Better than the porter from Guinness!

20180317_215147_HDR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back