What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you brewing today. Jealous of the weather your getting. It's pishing down here. I am only back from a charity 8 mile runšŸ˜¬

Itā€™s another batch of Citra/Galaxy IPA. Iā€™ll have to get another Mosaic/Simcoe on the go next week - they donā€™t last very long Iā€™m afraid. I have got one put aside for you though ;)

Another pint of ā€œFestivalā€ ( the 6.9% Mosaic/Simcoe IPA) and I ā€˜m now starting to freestyle the recipe for my Citra/Galaxy IPA - what could possibly go wrong?!

7508AA6E-68FC-41A1-80D0-8B9ECA1DF5B9.jpeg

giving @strange-steve 's dunkel bock a tasting this afternoon.

pours out a deep dark brown, it's hard to see the clarity in a full glass due to the darkness initially but is quite clear as the cup emptied. carbonation was perfect.
aroma is really nice, brown sugar, toasty malt, caramel and dark candied syrup. as it warms up the alcohol shines a bit with also a hint of purple grape juice and red wine.
taste is very malty, quite similar to a nice belgian dubbel without the funky belgian yeast and a bit more complex. has a caramel malt sweetness with toast, and a very light raisin. yeast flavor is non-existent and has a very light bitterness. Definitely settles to the sweet malt side of the spectrum. mouthfeel is a bit coating but fades quickly with no lingering bitterness.
this is a really good example of the dunkel bock and hits the style guidelines spot on. i was surprised at how little character there was from the yeast, i didn't get any hint of lagerness. it almost seemed like a chico type equivalent.
i really don't have any critiques for this one as it's spot on for what you going for. it did seem a bit on the dark side initially but in a thinner glass it is not an issue at all.
appreciate the share!

Finally at the end of brewday. My second runnings is boiling away ready to make a big starter for my poorly Kveik. I'm knackered.

This stout will revive me!
IMG_20200628_163711.jpg

Or knock me out. Either's good.

giving @strange-steve 's dunkel bock a tasting this afternoon.

pours out a deep dark brown, it's hard to see the clarity in a full glass due to the darkness initially but is quite clear as the cup emptied. carbonation was perfect.
aroma is really nice, brown sugar, toasty malt, caramel and dark candied syrup. as it warms up the alcohol shines a bit with also a hint of purple grape juice and red wine.
taste is very malty, quite similar to a nice belgian dubbel without the funky belgian yeast and a bit more complex. has a caramel malt sweetness with toast, and a very light raisin. yeast flavor is non-existent and has a very light bitterness. Definitely settles to the sweet malt side of the spectrum. mouthfeel is a bit coating but fades quickly with no lingering bitterness.
this is a really good example of the dunkel bock and hits the style guidelines spot on. i was surprised at how little character there was from the yeast, i didn't get any hint of lagerness. it almost seemed like a chico type equivalent.
i really don't have any critiques for this one as it's spot on for what you going for. it did seem a bit on the dark side initially but in a thinner glass it is not an issue at all.
appreciate the share!
Thanks for the review mate :hat:

Master Pint European pilsener - little darker perhaps due to light spray malt addition, I also dry hopped with saaz
leaf.
This was really hazy after the hops but am really pleased and surprised with the way it has cleared ( 2 wks in bottle )
and thick foamy head it produced.
IMG_20200628_183543727.jpg
IMG_20200628_185011614.jpg

These pictures of blue skies. ā˜¹
It's been peeing down in the northwest all day.

Just sampled my Not Red lager. Something not right about it. Could be diacetyl, but I'm sure I've had this before with CML California Common, a sort of toffee flavour that eventually conditions out šŸ¤ž

little darker perhaps due to light spray malt addition
I've just finished drinking a lager I did with light spray malt and it was a tad darker too, I added a dry hop of mittlefrau and was going to add saaz as well but even though I had saaz i didn't put them in and starting to wonder how it might have been?

These pictures of blue skies. ā˜¹
It's been peeing down in the northwest all day.

Just sampled my Not Red lager. Something not right about it. Could be diacetyl, but I'm sure I've had this before with CML California Common, a sort of toffee flavour that eventually conditions out šŸ¤ž

Youā€™ll not like this then either. Just this moment, another beer, same blue sky!

99B93746-3983-4FD1-8DD9-2ED91DCCC346.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back