What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it meant to be bananary? It was so cold and short lived I didn't really taste much to be honest :laugh8:
Have moved swiftly on to this (having made some keg cleaning progress)
View attachment 30181
im not sure it just tastes like a banana to me and not in a bad way. in fact I'm enjoying one right now. definitely best cold though.

Next up for me is this. Very nice and certainly tropical, but cheating a little because it has "tropical fruit concentrate" in the ingredients.
Bq2iHlf.jpg

I’ve just cracked the coconut porter from @samale (thank you!). Served at 12C.

This one was less carbonated than other ales from the same stable and to be honest, for me, this is preferable.

The colour is dark brown with maybe a slight red tinge when held to the light. Not crystal clear but not far off. The head quickly faded leaving a fine ring of bubbles round the edge of the glass.

The aroma is quite subtle but I can just about smell coconut. There is a slight fruitcake sweetness like you get in a dark Belgian ale but also something I can’t quite put my finger on - maybe @Pennine had it when he mentioned a sour?

Flavour wise this is for me a little like a fusion of a sour and a Belgian ale. I do get coconut but coconut is a difficult flavour to pull off, it’s subtle and quite waxy.

Bitterness is not overly strong and there is a burnt toffee roast flavour at the end which I quite like.

F74F7574-E8F8-44BB-91C1-684875144D0A.jpeg

Kevin & Hedgerow Berry Perry
IMG_20200731_212956.jpg

Something not quite right with this. I think it is uncontrolled wild yeast. Trying to hide pear 😨 with elder, bramble and others - not worked...
Last (maybe) a beer 😀 All Together IPA which gets better each week
IMG_20200731_222432.jpg

A wild beer? Sounds interesting, what is that, like a gruit?
No grain or hops. Used honey as sugar source, Jarrow, alehoof and Dandilion for bittering and flavour. Threw in a handful of bullace as a yeast source. It is very refreshing, light, tangy almost citrus in flavour - great for summer and unlike some of my experiments something I would make again.

Trying out my Hull Melon lager-like today. Not bad at all. A bit of a cross of ale and lager flavours and very drinkable.
15962803419237121065832050033262.jpg

Oooops! It slipped down my throat hole before I could picture it.

Just finished my main job for today and rewarding myself with a beer.

The job was to replace our broken rotary drier after I tried to “fix” a bent arm and snapped it off - D’oh! Of course the new drier pole wouldn’t fit into the existing hole so I had to lift the grass, whack in a new spike, cut a new hole in the grass for the new position, and repair the hole where the old pole went in.

A7065E0A-9B5E-457F-837C-67BD3539D4F7.jpeg
42F102D7-3860-4813-9123-7A6204455E6A.jpeg
6014C2D3-C1C9-42F6-9D43-4214E3541E82.jpeg
60B2DB05-E61A-4925-9847-12D1D8E4B355.jpeg

The beer is my Galaxy/Citra ale from my cooled keg, still at 17C despite my freezer blocks having completely thawed overnight.

2C66BB70-1C6B-4FD2-9705-F4CB2AF7414B.jpeg

I don't think time will sort this one unfortunately. It's not awful just not the best. It's all a learning experience. I am going to brew a black rye IPA later with the T58 yeast. With sabro and Chinook. I will let you know how it goes👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back